Search results

1. TheOak

My Tankless Experience

This is great input! UPS units are not that expensive, I was half thinking about getting one myself, but when it comes down to it, thankfully, power outages where I live are rare and when they do happen last maybe an hour tops. With this economy I have other items higher on my list right now...
  2. TheOak

Bosch - Tankless Waterheater ???????

These were my findings too with regards to the Bosch units too unfortunately :( What led me to Rinnai initially was when I was house hunting. I was shown a house by the builder himself. He stated he used Rinnai all the time and absolutely loved them and his purchasers too. Positive...
  3. TheOak

On Demand heater problem

Don't some shower heads have anti-scalding "stuff" in them? Perhaps the shower head is malfunctioning "thinking" that the water is too hot and blocking the hot completely? Have you tried another shower head?
  4. TheOak

On Demand heater problem

On a potentially related note ... When last have you checked the inbound filter? When last have you flushed the unit? It might be due for a check ...
  5. TheOak

Upgrading Honeywell Thermostat

Just did the swap. Pretty painless ... It was a little quirky to program sometimes. For example, for 6 days of the week I only had 2 modes, a wake and a night. However, for one day only I had a wake, leave, return, and night. Sometimes in setting the just the 2 modes common for all the...
  6. TheOak

Do they really get all the R&D though? Tankless heaters are not new. They have been around 20+ years (if not longer) in some parts of the world ... They are just "new" in North America ...
  7. TheOak

I am not sure if there is a link between natural gas, propane and petroleum prices. I will say though that my natural gas just went up about 20% from $0.97 to $1.16.
  8. TheOak

At least yearly My Rinnai recommends you flush the unit out with vinegar at least yearly. I do not think it even mentions the inbound water filter, but at a bare minimum I would do that yearly too. My furnace is right by my tankless. I have made a personal rule that whenever I change...
  9. TheOak

I agree with this statement. I am not saying that tankless water heaters are the be all end all of water heaters and that everyone should have one. With my family however (2 adults, 5 kids), I needed something that could keep up. My 50 gallon basic (no special venting, etc) natural gas...
  10. TheOak

Yes, you are right as far as an impossible scenario ... you missed my point though. I have a large family. It is common to have two showers going at the same time, followed by other people wanting to shower, brush teeth, etc. This is a typical scenario in my home. Thus far my tankless...
  11. TheOak

Home Depot to sell Rinnai

I know my natural gas bill went up almost 20% last month ... from about $0.97 to $1.16 per therm.
  12. TheOak

What do you mean by "emergency" switch? Do you mean the circuit breaker? Please expand ... thanks ... Edit: Nevermind ... figured it out ... thanks.
  13. TheOak

Totally ... I have not heard a lot of good things about the Bosch units ... It could be though that because they are sold at the DIY stores, more people have them and hence you hear more people complain about them. Whenever I "surf" the general impression I get from posters is to stay with the...
  14. TheOak

See this thread. If it is all about money, then you are probably looking at a 10 year payback minimum. With that being said, I have heard of installation costs coming down a little. Perhaps costs are coming down ... perhaps it is a sign of the times too. If you ignore the installation costs...
  15. TheOak

I have heard that the Rheem's are relabeled Paloma's which have a pretty good rep out there. You should at a minimum get a better warranty ... ;)
  16. TheOak

I am curious, what brand and model did you purchase? Did you stick with tankless?
  17. TheOak

What is the warranty like? I just purchased a Rinnai tankless unit. I've got 12 years on the heat exchanger, 5 years on parts, 1 year on labor. Assuming a similar warranty, you would obviously have to pay for labor, but the rest should be covered. Your home owners insurance might even flip...
  18. TheOak

Home Depot to sell Rinnai

It blows my mind that Home Depot, Lowes and the like even sell tankless water heaters. I am a do it yourself person like that majority of America, but when it comes to things that can explode ... time to call in the pros ...
  19. TheOak

Could I: 1. Insert batteries into thermostat. 2. Setup thermostat. 3. Turn off power to furnace. 4. Install wires to new thermostat base. 5. Install thermostat to base. So basically my question is for the initial setup does it need to be connected to the furnace, or can I do the "armchair"...
  20. TheOak

Totally, I plan on turning the power off to the a/c/furnace prior.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks