Search results

1. M

Sharkbite to water heater

Sorry to quote but I had a good laugh from this.
  2. M

"Oily smell" coming from one hot water tap

Thanks for the info. I hadn't really run much hot water through that faucet until recently so not a lot has run through that hot water pipe yet, I don't think. Given the size of that bathroom and the location of the fixtures and the new window that was installed I would guess that it was once...
  3. M

"Oily smell" coming from one hot water tap

Okay now that I have hot water I've noticed that in one of the bathroom's the hot water coming out of the sink faucet has a faint "oily smell" to it (cold water is fine from all taps), sort of like there's WD-40 or something similar mixed in with the water. The shower in that room doesn't have...
  4. M

Water heater only putting out warm water

I will :D Thanks for the help.
  5. M

I just did before you posted :) I went to go check the pilot light and checked the thermostat again before crawling down on the ground and noticed that. I'm amazed that thing was either able to heat water with it set that way or had enough warm water in there to last the last 2 weeks...
  6. M

When I turned it the first time from the original Vacation setting I did feel a slight click but didn't hear that poof. I'll get down on the (dirt) ground tomorrow and see if I can see anything down there. Heh, given the quality of his other work that's actually not such a dumb thing to check.
  7. M

This is the big version of the image showing the thermostat: http://randjunk.com/images/water_heater_02.jpg You can see the "Very Hot" setting is just a couple of markers to the right of the arrow/notch. I had it set there for a while but it didn't seem to do anything so I dialed it back...
  8. M

Okay so the next plumbing issue I've discovered in this house I've moved into is that the water heater is only putting out warm water. It's a new Bradford White "DEFENDER SAFETY SYSTEM® ATMOSPHERIC VENT ENERGY SAVER MODELS" according to the model# At first I thought it was just...
  9. M

How to remove this kitchen faucet?

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I tried to take a better look inside the nut but didn't see anything that looked like I could unscrew in there so I just gave it another go with a socket but this time hooked up to a corded drill and that was able to break it free. What came out looks...
  10. M

Great thanks for the confirmation that I do need to remove it (somehow). I'll keep soaking it with penetrating oil for a while and try it again later. I do have a corded drill as well I can hook up to the socket driver to try and remove it.
  11. M

I'm trying to remove an old kitchen faucet that was never installed properly (it wobbles) and got stuck at this part (sorry about the bad picture, I only have a camera phone with me at the moment): I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that I need to unscrew that very long nut to remove that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks