Search results

1. Ryan87500

Grohe Thermostatic Valve Leaking

When you say no washers I was thinking it could be the o-rings on the cartridge that I see I can order. Or are you saying it is an internal component and that isn’t repairable?
  2. Ryan87500

I was able to get all the parts off and now left with this. The cartridge looks like a 47310 cartridge. Do you think I just need washers if it is only leaking? Are those shutoffs on either side? looks like a large allen wrench and inside I see what looks like a threaded opening.
  3. Ryan87500

I believe I have a Grohe 34.122 (see picture) and it has started leaking. I have no issues with hot or cold water etc just a leak on the valve. I assume I just need an O-Ring kit or do I need an entire valve? If so where do I get a kit? Any special tools to remove this valve? I also can't...
  4. Ryan87500

Home Purchase - Sewer inspection question

I am looking at purchasing a new home and the inspector scoped the sewer. He found some abnormality but wasn't exactly sure what it was and concluded it might just be extra material in the pipe. Here is a picture I wanted to see if anyone sees something that is concerning.
  5. Ryan87500

Water Hammer - Hot Water all faucets

I have been in my current house for about 4 years and this issue just started. It seems when I turn off the hot water in just about every faucet I get a real bad water hammer noise. I checked the PSI at one of the sinks and they are at 60-65. I did try turning the water off and draining the...
  6. Ryan87500

Roots In Sump Basin And Pipe

Appreciate the help. Is this an uncommon issue? I see lots of discussion on sewer lines but not French drains
  7. Ryan87500

If there is no access I wonder if I wait until it grows long enough to get to the basin then let the ends soak in the basin would that do anything?
  8. Ryan87500

Is the only real solution to get rid of the tree? Any alternatives. If not what is the secret to finding the tree. I assume it is the biggest one closest to the area but that is just a guess.
  9. Ryan87500

Thanks. So I am just buying this house. I know there is some pipe that looks like that sticking out in front of the house. I assumed it was the sewer line. Would that make sense to have a sewer cleanout sticking out? How do you tell if sewer or French drain?
  10. Ryan87500

The basement is about 10 feet down and the pipe is another foot down. I don't believe there is a clean out. Is there usually one for French drains. If not how period you use the product. There is a large tree maybe 15 feet from the house in the location of the sump so I assume that is the tree.
  11. Ryan87500

I just noticed that I have roots in my French drain pipe feeding into the sump basin. I was able to reach in and pull out an arms length worth not sure if there is more or not. The water seems to move fine as my basement hasn't flooded. What is the best way to deal with this? How common is...
  12. Ryan87500

Basement Sewage Pit Drainage

Can I put some sort of dye in the drain pipe in the ground to see if it goes into the sump pump some how?
  13. Ryan87500

Honestly I am not sure if the pump was working properly or not before. I have to play with the float to get it working again today it seemed kind of jammed shut. It is working better but I plan to pull it and clean it. On my sump pump basin I took a look and it is filling up with water...
  14. Ryan87500

I have a sewage pit basin that I assumed was connected to the bathroom in my basement and the drain in the utility room for the furnace and water heater. I haven't used the bathroom in the basement in many years and wanted to make sure everything was working right. I didn't pull the entire...
  15. Ryan87500

Basement bathroom where does it drain

The only way would be the sewer pump but when the tub is on the pump doesn't go off.
  16. Ryan87500

I have a separate pump for rainwater. This sewer pump goes right to the sewage line.
  17. Ryan87500

I recently purchased a house with a full bathroom in the basement. It is about 10 feet from the sewage pump so I always assumed that it went into that basis and then was pumped out. Today I was bored and let the water run in the bathtub for awhile and I never heard the pump go on. My main...
  18. Ryan87500

Bathroom venting out of new siding

Is it possible to vent out of the side of the house and not a soffit? I was thining they would just use one of the caps like for a dryer vent on the siding?
  19. Ryan87500

I was thinking about using a fantech in-line fan. Can one be used if just going horizontal and not vertically through the roof?
  20. Ryan87500

So I would just have to run it a little higher than the fan and use something to hold it up. Maybe some sort of bracket on the rafters.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks