Search results

1. KKfromNJ

So I have weird rhythmic bang/knock

No, I put this WH in about 10 years ago
  2. KKfromNJ

So I have weird rhythmic bang/knock

So I have a weird rhythmic bang/knock coming from my water heater. Heard it last month, disappeared but now it's back. The first audio is right up against the water heater. The 2nd is the floor directly above the water heater over the kitchen sink.
  3. KKfromNJ

Heard this humming sound in the basement

The toilet has a slow leak, bought valve assembly, changing it tomorrow, THANKS!
  4. KKfromNJ

Heard this humming sound in the basement

Heard this humming sound in the basement and in the above bathroom. Used the cold water faucet several times, hum went away (for now?)
  5. KKfromNJ

The tale of the thumping faucet

Finally got a chance to install the new faucet and all I hear is the sweet sounds of water running. NO MORE THUMPS!
  6. KKfromNJ

I wrote a letter to Delta HQ explaining my displeasure. Delta called a few days later saying the faucet I have is a relatively new model, offered a new faucet of a different design. I decided to try the last box on Delta’s problem resolution chart before going through the extra work of pulling...
  7. KKfromNJ

OK, so the new aerator arrived today, installed it and thump, thump, thump, thump. I explained to them the last time I called that the old Delta aerator (which worked fine on the old faucet) didn't solve the thump but they wouldn't listen. Today they offered to send a new spray unit, I told them...
  8. KKfromNJ

Boy is this turning into a Royal PITA Installed the new diverter today, no change, thump thump thump No aerator no thump - Using the spray no thump until I release the spray button then multiple thumps which seems to be new, the multiple thumps Was trying to identify “where†the...
  9. KKfromNJ

After talking to Delta support, I inserted a small allen wrench into a hole in the cup that holds the ball assembly and wiggled out the diverter. Looking at the diverter I could have probably pulled it right out, Anyway, with the guy on the phone I flushed it out and ended up right where I...
  10. KKfromNJ

Yeah, it is a POS, you get what you pay for and it was all my parents would spend. The old delta I removed weighed about 5 times as much as the new one. The center button was the first thing I tried, didn't want to yank too hard, tried to unscrew it but that didn't work. I'll give it a...
  11. KKfromNJ

Do I need a special tool? nothing to grab on to When I turn off the spray sounds the same as the thump, no aerator no thump
  12. KKfromNJ

If you mean does the water coming out of the faucet pulsate in time with the thumps - YES I guess I'll take it apart, Thanks
  13. KKfromNJ

Thanks for the quick reply. So did I do something wrong or is this faucet defective? Also the thump doesn't happen until its raised about halfway
  14. KKfromNJ

Installed a new single lever kitchen faucet and shut off valves. Every time we use it there is a thumping sound. Been doing it for 2 days. If I remove the aerator the sound disappears. Tried the old aerator with the same result. There seems to be more thumps after it sits for a few minutes and...
  15. KKfromNJ

My water pressure education

So, this all started with a simply water heater replacement. My parent’s 70-year-old home has an open water system; they never had a water pressure regulator. I’ve learned a lot since posting about a “vacuum relief valveâ€. My Dad’s a tad set in his ways, “We’ve lived all these years...
  16. KKfromNJ

Vacuum relief valve?

Funny thing about the gas company, glad you brought it up. I’m replacing this for my parents who had a “service contract†with PSE&G. My Dad called them first, of course water heater replacement was NOT covered in the contract, worthless. The PSE&G guy told me I’d be better off having...
  17. KKfromNJ

Vacuum relief valve?

We only have the meter and then the shutoff. I’m going to install a vacuum relief valve. Thanks
  18. KKfromNJ

Vacuum relief valve?

Thanks for the help; I appreciate everyone’s time. I just took a look, the tank has a pressure relief valve (PRV ?) and there isn’t any other valve between the tank and the house supply. The instructions say install a expansion tank if you have a closed system and the vacuum relief valve...
  19. KKfromNJ

Vacuum relief valve?

I live in New Jersey and am replacing a 10 year old gas water heater; the instructions (Kenmore) mention a expansion tank or a vacuum relief valve. We have neither now, do I need one, is it required? Thanks KK
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks