Search results

1. AKRBT

10" rough in but still tight

I have a very tight basement toilet/shower room. The toilet has a 10" rough in (I measured from wall to center of bolts). The toilet is an odd one, when you flush it there is an internal action in the tank that dumps the whole tank's contents at once, in a rocker type action, not anything like...
  2. AKRBT

lots of water dumped ikitchen sink overwhelms drain and backs into clothes washer box

Hi- We are looking at purchasing a 1964 home with lots of "renovations" over the years. The disclosure says that if you dump a very large amount of water in the kitchen sink (5 gallons), it can overflow the clothes washer wall box below... I think they added the laundry below in the most recent...
  3. AKRBT

Is tub faucet cartridge failing or HW heater

I have a 1.5 year old HW heater, a home warranty replacement, it is set to run pretty hot (not scalding).. Over the last six months we have to turn our tub valve more and more to the hot side just to get comfortable shower temps. Sometimes it starts hot but gets cooler as we shower, and you have...
  4. AKRBT

Can I get a P-trap

My older house has a S-trap on the kitchen sink-- a really messy one formed by multiple slip-joint fittings-- the bottom of the "S" is actually a 2" straight piece slip fitted in, not a one-piece S.. some of the slip fitting are leaking.. I want to make it right, but cannot get a P-trap in that...
  5. AKRBT

long story to a warranty repair gone bad

I installed a new ISE Badger 9 disposal a week and a half ago. A few days later it was dripping, but not from any connections. It was leaking through the motor and out a body assembly screw- a defective unit. ISE hooked me up with a local appliance repair company for warranty service. I had to...
  6. AKRBT

using a 15amp switch for disposal

how bad is this- I installed a new under sink disposal- the very old switch was dangerously located at hip height by the sink.. so I also relocated it to inside the sink cabinet- no way to get it easily on the wall. This way we feel it is very safe when we soon have a toddler running about...
  7. AKRBT

leaking Dishwasher supply connection at 90 angle pipe threads

I installed a Bosch dishwasher today- Now I have a very slight drip coming out of the pipe threads/teflon tape of the 90 degree supply angle into the DW's inlet. This dishwasher's threaded inlet hole sticks out the front, not the bottom, as some other DW's inlets do. See attached images from the...
  8. AKRBT

Dishwasher drain length

onto my next step- bought a Bosch DW with a reccomended max drain length of 150", which is pretty good compared to some at 92". My DW space (an unfortunate legacy of the former owner's stupidity) is located across the kitchen aisle from teh sink. The drain line is a ruber hose stretched across...
  9. AKRBT

Can't disconnect old gas stove connection

I recently tried to move my gas stove out of the kithchen so I could tile. Could not unscrew the the flex hose from the gas connection- the iron pipe coming out of the floor has a shut off valve screwed to it, then an adapter, then the flex hose. I ended up cutting the flex pipe so I could move...
  10. AKRBT

Disposal suddenly leaking at drain outlet

So I did the DW air gap install as part of a DW replacement- kills me that HD offers one cheap plastic model only in my area. The sink top gasket compresses all uneven and looks like crap.. Anyways, in the process I must have shaken something wrong, although it seemed very smooth and nothing...
  11. AKRBT

Sharkbite Fittings and old copper

so I was convinced to use Sharkbites- sick of seeing past homeowner solders pinholing, and I know I am also not great at soldering, especially up high, near wood, and with poorly drying cut lines. I also know I should hire a plumber, but I simply cannot afford it for small stuff like this...
  12. AKRBT

dishwasher drain

I have a similar situation to another post- an old dishwasher installation rigged in across from the sink in a small kitchen. Old DW leaked, so now replacing with nice Bosch model. Old DW had flexible plastic drain hose coming from its connection to a 20" loop behind it, then connected to a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks