Search results

1. Thatguy

electrical safety, lightbulbs used for testing, and probability

I have been called back from the grave to respond to a private message on the subject above. Do not send me any more private messages or I will do my best to pursue a legal action against you for harassment. While it is not 0.0000, the likelihood of a light bulb used for test purposes...
  2. Thatguy

She is singing in Italian, si?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt-uMBPQS7g
  3. Thatguy

Facebook? No!

"Moments after being released on bail, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was already making plans for his next venture, a social network for diplomats called Twofacebook. Mr. Assange said he came up with the idea for the new site while combing through hundreds of thousands of pages of WikiLeaks...
  4. Thatguy

Sump pump sizing survey

hp of your pump? nearest big city? how many consecutive years has it been able to keep up? how often over how many years hasn't it been able to keep up? Even five answers would be good, depending on how much the data is scattered. Thank for your help.
  5. Thatguy

. . .to dream the impossible dream. . .

http://www.amazon.com/Prosecution-George-W-Bush-Murder/dp/B001IWO88O/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1291849464&sr=1-1 I'm only 10% through it but it looks like a winner.
  6. Thatguy

What I learned from the cops today

If a very pushy guy with out-of-state plates tells you he will fix the dents in your car in 10 minutes for $200, it is legal if he has a permit. Evidently he didn't have one, because I soon found a cop, and, last I looked, there were two police cars in back of this guy's car. 99% of...
  7. Thatguy

Toilet tank leans too far back

Anybody make a block for the purpose of leveling the tank? I had to cut one out of a 2x4 and hang it from the tank edge with paper clips. 1-1/2" from the wall pretty nearly does it. The tank kind of rides on the thick 3" dia. foam gasket. Tightening the two tank-to-bowl bolts enough to level...
  8. Thatguy

cycle stop valve

patent number? Anybody have one? Are there any other names for something that does this function?
  9. Thatguy

pump with pressure tank

pump with pressure tank, nothing else From my reading, it seems the larger the pressure tank, the more costly it is but the pump will cycle less often and so the pump life will be longer, but even under the best conditions both will eventually fail over the life of the well. So you'd pay a...
  10. Thatguy

intermittent problem with guest bathroom toilet finally shows up

For some reason I can't post a picture of this type flapper valve. It has two cylinders at right angles to each other and a screw-on beveled green flat plate that actually does the sealing. Some have the plate just snap in. Anyway, the 3/4" lg machine screw that holds the flat plate seems to...
  11. Thatguy

Needed elbows but only had tees

so I bought caps for the tees. Is there any downside to this? Increased turbulence, maybe?
  12. Thatguy

current sensor for well pump

that stops the pump if the current draw is too high or too low. Is there any reason not to have one?
  13. Thatguy

Someone remotely accessing my Apple computer

from 6 PM EDT 'til the next morning. How would I know? How can I confirm/disprove this? How can I stop it?
  14. Thatguy

Anybody object to this pass/fail specification for city water delivery?

Based on [more or less] responses from two water utilities, an adequate city water supply for a single family house can deliver more than 5 GPM and between 20 & 80 PSI and PSI x GPM should be more than 400. This last line takes about 1/4 hp to accomplish and is my addition to this benchmark.
  15. Thatguy

DoubleSpeak

Of any 10 people you know, how many are spin doctors? Are there more men than women in this group? What do spin doctors do when they actually want to use words to communicate, rather than just give the impression of communicating?
  16. Thatguy

a female robot that sings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kKWnQ_LVbs&feature=related I guess you can upgrade her to do other stuff???
  17. Thatguy

cloudy glasses out of the dishwasher

and cloudy water out of the hot water tap. Is there some way to fix this without replacing the water heater?
  18. Thatguy

For a 25 hp resi. well drilling machine and a 200' well

Roughly how long would it take, min time and max time?
  19. Thatguy

groundwater

Does it have what could be called a "pressure", or just GPM?
  20. Thatguy

facts, opinions, hard data and some WAGs welcome. . .

For resi. wells, what percent of drillers get a usable well on the first attempt? What is the lifetime of a resi. well? If your working well is 200' deep and your neighbor has a working well, how shallow or how deep is it likely to be? Thanks, folks. . .
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks