Search results

1. Ramias

Clear sump pump cover?

I’d like to replace my indoor basement sump pump cover with one that is transparent so I can visually inspect it without removing it. Mine has a 3 inch hole (I assume for a radon vent?) a 1 1/2 I ch hole (for discharge) and the hole for the float switch and power cables. The current lid is 21...
  2. Ramias

Dedicated vs cold water recirc line?

Inching closer and closer to going tankless. Have a quote for a Rennai with recirc from a local company where all they do is tankless with Rennai and Navian. Quote is to use cold water line for the return. I Have a plumber coming out for separate work. Should I have him run a dedicated...
  3. Ramias

Removing laundry room connections - options?

New laundry room. Question now is what to do with old laundry room? Leave water, plug drain, screw on cap to laundry hose line and keep quarter turn valve closed? Will be visible but at the back of some shelves. Same for laundry sink. Or, cut lines, sweat on a cap, and cover with drywall?
  4. Ramias

Power requirements for re-circulation valve at far-side sink?

Finishing up a bathroom remodel. Need to get vanity installed for master sink. This is the location where I'd put a recirculating system for an eventual tankless HW heater. Question: do these systems require power at the remote end? Should I have my guys install a power outlet accessible...
  5. Ramias

Which Washing Machine Supply Lines?

Anybody have any specific recommended brands? I saw some I liked online and then reviews of leak where the host attaches to the fittings. Thanks
  6. Ramias

Strapping drain pipe to stud

Thanks. Got notified of this post while in the Lowe’s parking lot and went with plastic strap.
  7. Ramias

Thank you. Will get some tape on that today. How about tightness and possible humidity or thermal expansion? Is this the kind of tape? https://www.lowes.com/pd/Christy-s-2-in-x-100-ft-Plumber-s-Tape/3433996 I can undo the metal strap, wrap the pipe in this and then restrap if that should work.
  8. Ramias

Did a remodel and the toilet is now three feet behind a wye connector to a five foot section of three inch waste line and then the three inch down waste line. Prior the toilet was about a foot or less in front of the wye connector. It is a Toto toilet and has a strong flush. Whenever flushing...
  9. Ramias

New install- Dripping Moen M-Core shower

Went for it and took the extension out and have the original in and no drips. Will put the trim plate on tomorrow but am confident it will work based on the dry fit. I just assumed I needed the extension kit since the original screws were not long enough, so all I am using from the extension...
  10. Ramias

New install- Dripping Moen M-Core shower

Bathroom renovation. His/Hers showers. Installed the first one (his) and had to use the Moen extension kit since when dry-fitting the screws would not reach to mount the first plate. Shower works fine. Except when I turn the water off there is a frequent drip - more than what would just be...
  11. Ramias

Hot water smell after water turned off?

City water. Have not flushed before. It is probably time for a new heater. Just strange this smell appears today after water pressure off for some soldering work.
  12. Ramias

Hot water smell after water turned off?

Turned the water pressure off and drained the pipes to do some work in an upstairs bathroom. About four hours. Bathroom (new tub fixtures) is fine. Now hot water smells throughout the house. Not sulfur, not sewer. Just funky and strange. Any idea what this could be or what I should do...
  13. Ramias

Drain size for upstairs laundry emergency drain to outside?

Does anybody know if this is allowed per code? Laundry EMERGENCY floor drain direct to outside (basement foundation drain; same one used by HVAC condensate lines) without dealing with a trap primer?
  14. Ramias

perfect. Thank you for confirming.
  15. Ramias

Planning to run a second floor laundry emergency drain with its own line parallel to attic HVAC condensate line to same floor drain in basement foundation. Is one inch PVC sufficient or should I do more? HVAC condensate line is 3/4. This is just for emergency and separately I’ll have the...
  16. Ramias

Bathroom Remodel - recommended fixtures?

I'm curious what the experts recommend/personally use for their shower thermostatic valves? I want a NICE forceful shower and stylish fixtures for shower, double vanity and tub. Looking at Hansgrohe but I think their claim to fame is water conversation; I'm all for that but I still want a...
  17. Ramias

2nd Floor Laundry Room -- floor drain?

Doing a remodel and new laundry room will share a wall with toilet/shower. Are floor drains required for 2nd floor laundry rooms? If so can I use one of those one-way flaps instead of a trap for the emergency floor drain? I also plan to have either a FloodStop or a Watts Intelliflow that...
  18. Ramias

Moen Posi-Temp model? Replacement handle?

I want to update my shower trim. Especially the handle. This is what I currently have. Is this “Moen Posi temp” and will any Moen Posi Temp handle work for replacement? Looking for a different style. House was built 2002. thanks
  19. Ramias

Bathroom sink shutoff valve leaks when turning

It is the same general shape as the valve in that picture but definitely copper pipe. the job is done. The spraying only happens for the one second it takes to turn from full open (no spray) to full close (also no spray). I doubt this valve has been turned in 18 years. So my question is how...
  20. Ramias

Bathroom sink shutoff valve leaks when turning

No leaks ever from this sink area. Tried to shut the water off to replace a faucet (easy, right?). Turned the shutoff valve and water started spraying out. So with the valve open all the way -- no spraying. With the valve closed all the way -- spraying. I've had this house 8 years. It's 18...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks