Search results

1. calantha

Help with an old door lock?

I took apart my front door handset / knob and foolishly didn't pay attention to how the pieces went together. Can anyone here help me put it back together? I can post pictures of what I've got. The machanism is fairly old, probably 1940s era.
  2. calantha

How to tell if circulator is pumping?

I have an old Weil McLain CGM6Pi Ser. 7 gas-fired boiler, with a Taco 007-F5 circulator pump. It's the beginning of the heating season. I had a technician here 2 days ago because the heat wouldn't come on. The problem was the damper not opening properly. He got that solved, and did an overall...
  3. calantha

Lavatory drain replacement - gasket?

I'm installing a new drain and pop-up on my bathroom sink. The replacement I bought has a part that I'm not sure what to do with. This picture on the Aubuchon Hardware site shows the piece. It's the black gasket (?) below the flange, that sort of cups upward. It's a separate piece from the large...
  4. calantha

What size socket for Moen pushbutton diverter?

I want to replace a Moen pushbutton diverter model # 1198. It's recessed, and I'm thinking of using a socket wrench with a deep socket to remove the old one. Do you think a socket wrench will do the job, and can you tell me what size socket I will need? Thanks.
  5. calantha

Bathroom sink: Connecting plastic pop-up to metal trap

I'm replacing the faucet and pop-up in my bathroom sink. Doing well so far, but I have a question I hope you can help me with. The pop-up assembly is plastic, and the trap is metal (galvanized steel?). How should I connect them? The instructions show a plastic nut and sleeve that don't seem...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks