Search results

1. Briarius

Code Question: Air Intake piping to Vertex

I need to redo the intake and exhaust piping on my AO Smith Vertex 100. (Roofers used the vertical concentric vent as a handhold and cracked all the PVC elbow connection joints when they pushed down on the concentric vent -- condensate is leaking out at the elbows instead of draining all the...
  2. Briarius

Dishwasher Not Used for Months: Lubricate with Cooking Oil?

We have a Bosch dishwasher in a second house. Between visits the dishwasher may sit unused for 3-4 months at a time. We were advised to put a cup of cooking oil into the bottom of the dishwasher, turn the machine on momentarily to get the oil sucked into the system and then turn off the...
  3. Briarius

Connect drip pan drain line into T&P drain line?

I'm installing a new WH in the garage WH closet and must bring the installation up to code which means installing a drip pan and an expansion tank. I already have a 3/4" copper line for the T&P valve which goes through the exterior wall and drains outside. I know the T&P drain line cannot go...
  4. Briarius

How Many Thermostats for 3 Attic Exhaust Fans?

Our house in the Dallas area has three powered exhaust fans in the attic: each fan is controlled by a nearby thermostat. There are plenty of soffit vents to feed air to the exhaust fans. The rotary resistor thermostats are impossible to synch so one fan may activate before another. It...
  5. Briarius

Vacation home closeup: what to put in toilet tanks to eliminate black algae?

Our vacation home uses rainwater from the cistern to fill the toilet tanks. The cistern water is untreated. (The main use of the cistern is for irrigation.) The toilet tanks have algae covering the top of the water surface when we return after a few months away. What can we put into the...
  6. Briarius

Toto Drake ADA Sedona Beige unavailable????

Based on discussions here, we ordered Toto ADA Drake toilets for our San Juan house. Am hearing from plumber and architect that the Toto factory is not making Sedona Beige until unknown time -- maybe late fall -- due to factory color quality issues???? White is available but missus picked...
  7. Briarius

Bid Change copper to PEX -- cost impact?

We're building a house and have a guaranteed max price contract with the builder. The plumbing specs specified copper piping. The GC bid out the plumbing package and picked the plumbing sub-contractor. Plumbing contractor contacted our architect and said, "Hey, ever consider PEX?" As the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks