Search results

1. jerseygirl04

Any experience with lead pans? Live in NYC

So , HJ , what's a girl to do? My contractor is saying it's fine to have a flat pan with sloped mortar and also tile on top but this is contrary to the idea that the pan must be sloped too for proper water drainage as water gets through the mortar to the pan over time. I just want my shower to...
  2. jerseygirl04

Advice on building shower with lead pan - nyc code

Thanks Master Plumber - it's the most helpful post so far in terms of knowledge of what needs to be done. But you also say the lead pan should be flat. That's contrary to every other post I've seen about shower pans. Won't this cause a problem with water on the pan not flowing to the drain...
  3. jerseygirl04

is that what was traditionally done to get the slope? Or is that a solution you came up with? I want to get all my facts right because I'm going to have a battle on my hands getting this job done with a sloped pan made of lead that no one (plumber and contractor) seems to know how to do....
  4. jerseygirl04

thanks I was beginning to wonder if I'd get any answers... i think the experience here is likely too "young" to know the in's and out's on working with lead pans. EVERYONE does PVC now but my stupid city insists on lead. I agree people probably have done the newer liners here but they are not...
  5. jerseygirl04

Hi- I live in nyc and, although it's antiquated, I have to have my contractor build my tiled shower floor base using a lead pan. It is required per code in the city. I am discovering that my contractor isn't the most skilled in the tiling department and I don't necessarily trust his abilities...
  6. jerseygirl04

Advice on building shower with lead pan - nyc code

Hi- I live in nyc and, although it's antiquated, I have to have my contractor build my tiled shower floor base using a lead pan. It is required per code in the city. I am discovering that my contractor isn't the most skilled in the tiling department and I don't necessarily trust his...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks