Search results

1. FJK

Where to buy Dahl valve

I'm in Illinois
  2. FJK

Toto Vespin Big installation problem

I need some creative thinking here, I really screwed myself on this one. Total bath remodel, walls are painted, tile is in ( including baseboard tile next to the floor). So, I'm installing a Toto Vespin toilet, same as I installed in another bathroom. This toilet uses the modular drain...
  3. FJK

cleaning toilet flange free of old wax

Due to a new floor, it looks like I am going to have to add a flange extender, using silicon to seal between the existing flange & the flange extension. I've done this before, but I don't remember and / or solicite a different opinion on how to get the existing flange totally free of wax. What...
  4. FJK

Kitchen sink drain piping loosening up

This isn't a huge problem, but I would like some comments. I installed a SS double sink in my kitchen about 5 years ago with a garbage disposal on the right sink. The left sink is the one that leads to the main drain, & is seldom used. Plastic pvc trap & connections are used (the hand tightened...
  5. FJK

Vespin II Adaptor Help !

I'm installing the adptor to the floor flange. The floor flange is on top of the finished floor. I used a standard thickness wax ring with a horn. In tightening down the flange bolts, I think the bolts are tight enough, but the plastic adaptor is still 1/16-1/8" above the finished floor, both at...
  6. FJK

Vespin II install

My Toto Vespin II finally came in, so I'm getting ready to install it. Since it uses an adaptor, what is the best wax ring to use? One with a horn or without a horn. Or does it even matter. My floor flange is on top of the finished tile floor. Also, this toilet has the lowest flush water...
  7. FJK

Toto toliet questions

Toto toilet questions I have a Toto Drake toilet that I like & it really works well. Another toilet I have , is starting to leak at the flange, so I'm thinking of just installing a new toilet. I would like a Toto, but I see there are some things I need to improve upon. 1) Color: Does Toto...
  8. FJK

Panasonic Vent Fan Installation

I'm remodeling my upstairs bath room & want to replace my existing bath/light ventilation fan with a Panasonic unit I just bought, model FV-11VQL4. I figured this is the time, because the ceiling drywall opening is completely different from the old fan to the Panasonic. So, ceiling drywall...
  9. FJK

Watco tub drains

I'm getting ready to install my new cast iron tub & the drain looked strange compared to my last tub installation. After researching this, it looks like I have a direct drain setup. I was also looking for something other than the Moen drain assembly I used on the last installation, so I searched...
  10. FJK

Drain & Vanity centerline offsets

I am remodeling a bathroom and 2 36" vanitiys were located on either end of an 8' wall, with the drain rough-ins 18" from the side walls. In the remodel, we are locating smaller vanitys off the centerline of the 8' wall to give a free standing furniture look. On center of the wall will be a...
  11. FJK

Tub drain removal for tub removal

2 questions Even though I did this before, I can't remember what I did. 1st. Tub drain fitting removal. I have a cast fitting with a toe drain. The toe drain fits on a stem which has an integral cast bar across the bottom of the fitting. As a result, there are 2 180° slots in the bottom of...
  12. FJK

Best Kitchen Sink Drain Flange

I'm installing a new stainless steel sink for a friend. I'd like to know what is the best drain flange I can install, relative to preventing loss in appearance. I'd like to use a stainless drain flange, but have not seen any locally. Even with the cast brass flanges, the chrome finish...
  13. FJK

Didn't know this: elongated vs round/ Also THANKS.

Last night at a family gathering, the guys were talking about house projects & this came up, which I never heard. Someone said the flushing technology is different between a round bowl & elongated bowl. The round design swirls the water around the bowl & then waste is flushed, whereas an...
  14. FJK

Where are Toto toilets made?

In my other post, I said I just bought a new Toto Drake toilet from a Toto dealer. While researching the toilets on Toto's website, I got the impression their U.S. products where made in Atlanta, Ga. To my surprise, my Toto boxes for the toilet, tank, & seat said made in China. Other Toto...
  15. FJK

How does a Toto toilet fit (you)?

This form convinced me to look at Toto toilets. I found a dealer showroom that had almost all the models on display. I must say, they are nice looking toilets and are styled to my liking.. a clean cut appearance. So, there I was, sitting on them, to get the "feel". Is it my imagination, or do...
  16. FJK

New toilet selection questions

Having only used them, I now have to buy one, and, as usual, another research project... now on toilets! Anyhow I'm totally remodeling a small master bath & the orignial toilet was a Kohler, 29 yrs old that really never gave me any problems. Since my new bath tub is a Kohler Villager, I'd like...
  17. FJK

Remove or Leave Tub Drain T

Before replacing the bath tub, I want to install a new tub drain with a trip lever stopper. From the photos you can see what I have left to remove is the cast brass drain tee as it mates to the pvc house drain plumbing. From the photo of the new tee, it can be seen ~2-3 threads above the tail...
  18. FJK

Fore / Aft position of Moen Posi-temp valve

The Posi-temp valve comes with ~7/8" thick, 4-1/2" diameter plastic ring that screws onto the valve. Should the back side of the ring be flush with the front side of the bare stud? This obviously sets the fore/aft position of the valve. I'll be using 1/2" cement board & tile (?? thickness). Will...
  19. FJK

Is this OK? rough in valve

I'm replacing an old, simple Moen tub/shower rough-in valve with a new Moen posi-temp valve. Due to space limitations of a vent pipe next to the rough-in valve, I need to come out of the cold side of the valve with a male/female 90° fitting (solder in). Is this OK? See image 15. Image 16 shows...
  20. FJK

Revised Routing of copper pipe to tub/shower valve

I'm going to install a new tub/shower valve (Moen posi-temp) in place of my non-balanced pressure 30 yr old Moen valve. The bathroom walls are opened up to the studs. The way the old, existing copper piping was roughed-in seems kind of bush leauge. I'll try to explain.. the bathroom is on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks