Search results

1. Juan for the road

Slant Fin Victory Gas Boiler with intermittent firing

I have a 12 year old Slant Fin Victory direct vent gas boiler that recently has started to fire inconsistently.Yesterday the house got cold,the boiler fan was running,but no flame was present.So I turned off the emergency switch,waited a minute,fan came on,but did not fire.Did the same thing a...
  2. Juan for the road

Detached Garage Bathroom slab on grade

Hey guys, I am building a garage separate from my house,I am including a bathroom,and am giving it it's own septic system. Garage will have 3 fixtures,toilet,lav,and shower.Slab on grade construction.The toilet will be very close to where the sewer line enters the building,the shower and lav...
  3. Juan for the road

Laundry Standpipe and Venting

I opened up a wall on the first level of my brothers 2 story,built on slab house.He wants to locate a laundry adjacent to a first floor bathroom.I located the 4" main stack(cast iron) and found an old 1 1/2" standpipe(galvanized) connected to a threaded sanitary tee about a foot off the...
  4. Juan for the road

Bath fan:PVC ductwork?

I am installing a new bath fan on a remodel.I want to use 4" PVC pipe for the ductwork for a 16' run and out the soffit,with a 90 degree elbow facing down with a grate and insect screen.I will also install an inline flap/damper just inside before it gets to the soffit(in addition to the flapper...
  5. Juan for the road

Running a ground wire in conduit to plumbing

Yes,these wires were run into an attic for future use and just terminated into a large metal box and wire nutted.(the reason for the odd number). If a box is not equipped with a ground screw or other means of grounding,what is the proper way to ground it?
  6. Juan for the road

How many neutral conductors do I need?

Amen. The code is code for a reason,even if most of us can't understand it. Follow the code and you're in good shape...only an idiot would disregard it or not reference it.There's just too much at risk. I will only follow advice given along with specific code references.If the advice...
  7. Juan for the road

Code Question for UF cable

This is referenced in the NEC,I believe.Code experts?
  8. Juan for the road

Along these lines,if I were running multiple wires thru PVC conduit for physical protection,then had the PVC conduit terminate into say,an 8X8 metal box containing (3) 12/2, (2) 10/3,and (1) 8/3,all Romex...What grounding would be required for the metal box?
  9. Juan for the road

Code Question for UF cable

What does the code specify as the minimum depth of burial for UF cable.The cable is 12/2 UF(direct burial).Burial in the trench will be unprotected.It will be protected with a 20a GFCI breaker. How many cables am I permitted to bury off of this circuit? What does the code call for, for...
  10. Juan for the road

If I run the #8 in PVC conduit (for protection),I am OK?
  11. Juan for the road

Thank you for the code refs,pretty much answers it. Yes,the 8ga is solely for surge protection,to protect the electronics,apart from the electrical. The enclosure itself,of the control panel, is plastic,rated indoor/outdoor. I will feed the panel from the GFCI receptacle,out to EMT down...
  12. Juan for the road

I appreciate your concern. Let me be specific at this point. I would like to come out of a 4" box containing a GFCI protected receptacle(which is wired in series with 3 other receptacles).Everything is surface mounted,run in 1/2" EMT.Located in a fire-rated mechanical room.I plan on coming...
  13. Juan for the road

Rez...how would the codes differ depending?
  14. Juan for the road

Yes physical harm of the wire is a concern. The feeds are to feed out of a GFCI receptacle in a surface mounted 4" steel box. Am I permitted to run NMT(PVC) conduit straight out of this box? This box is located in a mechanical room with fire-rated drywall and doors and the surface mounted...
  15. Juan for the road

I need to run a 8ga ground to an electronic control panel for it's required surge protection.Requires a ground rod or plumbing meter ground.I want to run this ground and the hot,neutral conductors in the same conduit,as the feeds will be passing past the water meter on the way to the electronic...
  16. Juan for the road

I would like to run a ground wire in conduit(with other conductors) to a surge protected device.How can I go from the conduit to a plumbing ground clamp?
  17. Juan for the road

Transitioning Conduit material types

I have a code issue to address.I would like to change(transition) from EMT conduit in my garage to PVC NMT conduit to power a device on the outside of the garage.What would be a code compliant way of transitioning the material.Can I simply make the transition in a steel junction box inside the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks