Search results

1. Gnfanatic

External French drain going into internal sump?

Hi John. Out to the street like everyone else on the block. Good thing is that it is a rare occurrence, just want to do it right the first time
  2. Gnfanatic

External French drain going into internal sump?

Bad idea?? Hello everyone. Building an extention on my house with a full basement. Water table is 10.3 ' so exterior French channel and water proofing walls is absolutely a must. I got the walls ready to go and I have 4in green pipe coming with 2 rows of holes on the bottom. This is the...
  3. Gnfanatic

MR PEX manifold valve adjustment??

Hi guys, need some guidance here. I took the valves off my manifold and took them apart to clean them. They are clean now but I just realized the needle point that the actuator hits is adjustable. how do I know how much to screw it in?
  4. Gnfanatic

Not sure which route to go for gas line??

thanks guys. HJ, this is a 6 inch slab. many houses are built on a slab and of course it has a footing.
  5. Gnfanatic

Hey Gary, yes i am. I am doing the rough work and will have the plumber connect it to the main line and pressure test it. thanks :)
  6. Gnfanatic

That is what i thought. Obv a few 90 degree and 45 degree bends is going to effect pressure. will 3/4 in line be fine for a 4 burner stove?? thanks!
  7. Gnfanatic

Hey guys, hope all is well :) I am converting my 12x10 breezeway into a kitchen. the breezeway is on a slab which is right next to the house foundation/basement. I need to run a gas line to the other side of the breezeway for the gas stove. What would be the best route?? Cutting into the slab...
  8. Gnfanatic

Is my bathroom vent designed properly??

Hey guys, thanks for the reply I truly appreciate it. I am going to call the town today and ask if i can vent everything 2 inchs to make life easier for me. I understand about the horizontal tubing being above the highest flood point at least 6 inchs. The tricky part is the 4 inch drain I need...
  9. Gnfanatic

Is my bathroom vent designed properly??

Hey guys, now that my heating system is done I am working on my gutted bathroom. I will be filing for a permit this week and be doing the work myself. I never plumbed a bathroom from scratch before so I am working at one step at a time. The sink, toilet and tub are against the exterior wall...
  10. Gnfanatic

concentric vent/air termination install questions

Hey HJ, thanks for your help. I re-read the entire instructions again and it does not state anything about a drain tap. It stated thousand times about using aproved primer and cement on all joints. What you are saying makes sense but then it will need periodic maintenance and I would need to...
  11. Gnfanatic

Thanks guys, i appreciate the help. HJ, the other side is the gas meter and the other wall will have a porch there in the future :( SO,,,, looks like I am going on the roof and return this concentric vent. I will have a vent and intake up top and 180 degree fittings on them and also screened. I...
  12. Gnfanatic

thanks guys, looks like I need to go to the roof for this one. George, you are correct. They guys at TT does not like the idea its only 2 ft away from the corner. My best bet is the roof but how the hell does rain not go down the exhuast????
  13. Gnfanatic

well Triangle tube says 12 inchs away any opening then online on another brand vent/air it said 4 ft. thats why the confusion
  14. Gnfanatic

Thanks Jim, it is at the 18 inch min off the grd, so thats good. But no one mentions about basement windows. It will be to costly and to much work for me to go through the roof. I guess I will call the town tomorrow and see what they say.
  15. Gnfanatic

Here is a pic, red circle shows location i was thinking
  16. Gnfanatic

hey guys, I am almost done installing my TT Solo 60. I am going to be buying a concentric vent/air kit so there is only one hole to drill through the house. I have a few questions , hopefully you guys can help me out. I have a ranch by the way. 1-) the damn thing is like 38 inchs long and it...
  17. Gnfanatic

Who makes a boiler thats small enough for a 1000 sq ft house??

Jim, installing a HE boiler is complex?? totally diff from a std boiler?? Which Buderus do you have? thanks
  18. Gnfanatic

I know. the Triangle Tube solo boiler is a killer boiler plus I will get back $700 from the gov. I am just worried about cost of installing the unit. They make a 60k btu and then the next one is 100k.
  19. Gnfanatic

Hey Jim, funny you ask. There is a gas line in front of my house in the street. I was thinking of converting to gas but the damn town is anal about who is the plumber, licensing, permits etc. If I need to go to gas I will. Propane is out of the question
  20. Gnfanatic

Hey guys, my house is very small (1000 sq ft) and very well insulated. I am still working on the heat loss calc but I am confused about the sizes of these oil boilers. I have not seen any smaller then 70k btu. I am not going to be using a tank either. So make believe my calc comes out to be 25k...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks