Search results

1. 1

losing prime........

Hi Bob, I like the idea of the foot valve, but if I go this route, will I have to cap the well pipe (the 1 1/4 pipe I mean) after I install the foot valve and 3/4 pipe? I would think that when the pump is running, you would suck the standing water in the 1 1/4 pipe 1st and have to wait for the...
  2. 1

losing prime........

Hi , thats a good idea.....................I'm going to try to seal the suction problem ............If all else fails, I'll go that route. thanks for all the advice.................... Jeff
  3. 1

losing prime........

Hi, this is a sand point well, I don't think you can install a foot valve. At least I don't know of any that can withstand the hammering of the well pipe. The well pipe is welded 31' (21'and10')with a 3' sand point threaded to the end. standing water is 16'. If someone knows of a foot valve...
  4. 1

losing prime........

Hi All, thanks for all the info. I figured it was a suction leak, but its always good to ask. I actually have 2 check valves installed. one os on the well pipe as it comes from the ground, the other is at the nose of the pump. There is about 16' between the two with a 1 1/4 coupling...
  5. 1

losing prime........

Hi, all, I have a sand point well that was driven about 6 months ago.This is used for sink/bathroom at a hunting club. Its down in the stream 34'. I had some trouble after it was driven with a suction leak............I coudln't keep prime more than a day. I endened up welding ALL the drive...
  6. 1

shallow well pump loses prime overnight

pump loses prime Hi, also, how do I figure the GPM of the well? Keep in mind that if I open the flow control, I will get more flow, but will lose prime before cut off pressure. Also, do you think that the sand point is down too far and into the clay? Thanks again, Jeff
  7. 1

Hi All, I have 1 1/4 galvinized pipe. I have a 3" 1 1/4 sand well point.....60 mesh 1 1/4 drive coupling to a 21' of 1 1/4 galvizinized to a 10' length of 1 1/4 galvinized to a 3' length of 1 1/4 galvinized for a total of 37' there are 3 drive couplings from the sand point to the pump. I pulled...
  8. 1

pump losing prime Hi all.... this well is driving me nuts!!!! I have pulled the well point up and butted the couplings. I really doubt its sucking air in the pipe connections, especially since I pulled the well point up, disassembled ALL three couplings, redoped them and tightened them till...
  9. 1

losing prime overnight Hi all, Ok, I got the well working again. I ended up backwashing the point then it started flowing again. The problem is I still lose the prime in the pump overnight. Heres my new thoughts. Could the stream not be suppling enough water or the pump overpumping the well...
  10. 1

Hi, well I pulled the casing up and "butt" the couplings. now I have little to no flow, and I can't tell if its still sucking air because of no volume. I'm down the same distance I was before (37'). The only thing I can figure is I'm not straight down. Is there a chance that I wasn't all the way...
  11. 1

Hi I heated the poly and reclamped, reprimed. I'm still getting air in the system. Its gotta be in the well point casing. I'll pull the well in the next few weeks and "butt" the couplings. I'll let you know how I make out Thanks again, Jeff
  12. 1

pump sucking air Hi all, thanks again for the advice. I will heat the poly and reclamp it, can't hurt, right? And definitely easier than pulling the well pipe!, but will having a leak on the pressure (output) side of the pump still cause a vacumn leak? This is where the poly connects from the...
  13. 1

well sucking air............ Hello Guys, I want to say thanks for all the advice. Ok, heres what I found. I switched pumps out with a spare I had, I had the same problem with sucking air. I installed a vacumn guage on the suction side of the pump between the well point casing and the...
  14. 1

Hi, I only got 20"of vacumn, but this was in the time it took to build pressure from 35 PSI to 60Psi, it may of gone farther. When the pump stopped, it went to 16" hg, What should it be? 30"hg? I didn't "butt" couplings together, but they are tight, tight to the point that I was afraid that I...
  15. 1

Hello all, I'm having the same problem.....................what was the outcome of this? I have a new driven well with a new check valve, well point, ETC, with a new craftsman shallow well jet pump. I'm losing prime after an hour or so. I have installed a petcock on the priming port to allow...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks