Search results

1. Sixlashes

Anyone Had Experience With GFX?

I ended my plumbing career before these gravity film (heat) exchangers came on the scene, so I have not ever installed one: http://www.gfxtechnology.com/VGFX.html But it interests me because I have a high gallon-per-minute shower in the master bath and a wife that doesn't draw the parallel...
  2. Sixlashes

Resin Ceiling Registers

Does anyone have any experience with the resin HVAC ceiling registers? I need several 5-way (2-way -- 90 degrees apart) corner registers for 50 - 60 cfm. The aluminum registers are extremely expensive. Are these worth using? I am looking at the AirTec units.
  3. Sixlashes

Rotten Egg Smell In City Water

My father-in-law has a vacation house that is subject to frrezing. He drains (blows out with air) the hot and cold water lines when it is left vacant. There is now a very noticable sulphur smell in both hot and cold water, especially in the hot wat. He has flushed that quite a bit, but the...
  4. Sixlashes

FVIR Water Heater?

I am planning to install an A.O. Smith Vertex 100 direct-vent water heater or the Vertex power-vent gas water heater. I have looked at their web site to determine if they will have problems related to the FVIR debacle. I cannot tell if they use this technology. The direct vent doesn't seem...
  5. Sixlashes

PEX - Yea or Nay?

Another thread brought this issue up and I am looking for an experienced opinion. I am planning to use PEX to plumb my home utilizing a manifold for an all-home-run installation. I heard there was a problem with brass fittings. I was planning to use the crimp on rings with brass transition...
  6. Sixlashes

Clothes Dryer Makeup Air - A Better Way?

I am building an extremely tight ICF house in NW Florida. I have not had the blower door test performed yet, but I know I will well be under .1 ACH infiltration. I used ICF wall construction, icynene foam insulation, and high attention to detail. I also am installing a 180 cfm energy recovery...
  7. Sixlashes

Shallow Well Power Consumption - GWHP

Submersible Pump Power Consumption - GWHP I have gone through numerous previous posts and cannot find the answer to this. Please forgive me if I overlooked it. QUESTION: How much power will a 1/3 hp or a 1/2 hp submerged well pump running at 70% capacity use? I cannot apply the figures I get...
  8. Sixlashes

Open-Loop Heat Pump - Power Efficiency

I have gone through numerous previous posts and cannot find the answer to this. Please forgive me if I overlooked it. QUESTION: How much power will a 1/3 hp or a 1/2 hp submerged well pump running at 70% capacity use? I cannot apply the figures I get from Grundfos/Franklin Motors/F&W for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks