Search results

1. sjb8112

Why does my house have a 1†water meter?

What about the Blue Plastic supply line? thanks for the replies. But what about the blue plastic supply line between the meter and the house? Will it start down the slippery slope of cracking and splitting and (eventually) forcing me to dig it up and replace it all the way down the 350 foot...
  2. sjb8112

Why does my house have a 1†water meter?

I just received a rate increase notice from the water company. Reading the fine print, I see that I am paying about an extra $225 per year over the ‘typical’ single family home because I have a 1†water meter rather than a 5/8†meter. My situation is: 1" from street to my meter 1â€...
  3. sjb8112

is a 3" short 90 OK in toilet drain?

I'm using a 4x3 closet bend close coupled (with a 1" stub of 3" pipe) into the short 90 elbow, laying on its side, into a 45 street el, also laying on its side, into a 12" horizontal run of pipe that ties into the wye on the stack. Can I use that short 90 elbow in the horizontal position in a...
  4. sjb8112

Tub install -drop in on top of tile?

Don't use a soaking tub as a shower. Standard tubs have a lip around them to prevent shower water from running off the horizontal surface back into the wall behind the tile. I don't know about your specific model, but generally, soaking tubs lack this lip because they're meant to install on a...
  5. sjb8112

Why can't I Dry-fit PVC fittings?

What is the trick to being able to dry-fit PVC fittings before final assembly? I am working with 3" PVC fittings from Lowes, plumbing up the waste line to the new toilet location in our bathroom remodel. I'd like to put the three fittings together and mark them before I get out the cement so...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks