Search results

1. Plumbob

My choices for washing machine drain...

I'm trying to make a drain decision before drywalling my laundry room walls. I currently have a standard top-loading washing machine, draining into the laundry tub sink, which drains into a 1-1/2" pipe (which connects to a 2" drain pipe below the concrete floor), but am planning to buy a...
  2. Plumbob

Leak on Stainless flex connection

My water softener is connected to my copper piping with Falcon stainless flex connectors. One is starting to leak at the 3/4" threaded connection. What type of washer do I use to fix this? Is it a standard part? Thanks!
  3. Plumbob

ROMEX® to dryer outlet - insulated ground?

I'm relocating my dryer outlet (3-prong), and am replacing the ROMEX® with a longer run (need about 3 more feet). Need to buy the right ROMEX®. The existing ROMEX® is 10/2 with insulated ground. Is having an insulated ground important? Seems that the 10/2 w/ground I saw at the store had a...
  4. Plumbob

Proximity of washer & dryer outlets to washer valves & tub?

How close can electrical outlets for washer (110v) and dryer (220v) be to the washer hookup valves? The laundry tub is nearby too... What are the electric outlet positioning requirements? Thanks.
  5. Plumbob

Pressure OK, but water volume low

When the washing machine is filling, the water flow at the kitchen sink and other faucets is pretty low. Is this normal? We have a Watts 135BM3 PRV near the water meter, no expansion tank. The pressure prior to the PRV is 120 lbs, and the pressure in the house is 65-75 lbs. A plumber (here for...
  6. Plumbob

P-trap gaskets all the same?

I'm getting some leakage at my kitchen P-trap (all steel, double sink, disposer). I went to Lowes and bought a package of gaskets, but I didn't tell the guy whether they were for a steel or a plastic P-trap. Are they the same? What I took home were white, tapered plastic gaskets. Will...
  7. Plumbob

No room for elongated bowl

We have a pretty small bathroom, and would like an elongated bowl toilet to replace our round bowl unit. Will we really notice losing that 1.5"? If so, does Toto have any elongated models that are shorter than 28"? Other brands? Note: I don't want to sacrifice quality for the elongated...
  8. Plumbob

Low-flow toilet ok w/marginal sewer?

I'm considering replacing our old American Standard Plebe toilet with a Toto 1.6 gallon model. We live in an older home with a sewer line that needs yearly cleaning due to roots from large maple trees about 50 feet down the line. The roto-rooter guy always has trouble at one spot where the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks