Search results

1. Jcheech

Standby Generator / Natural Gas Supply Discussion

Good morning, thanks in advance for your responses and apologies for the long read. I'm considering having a Kohler Standby generator installed (professionally) at my home. In a perfect scenario, I'll be fueling via our existing natural gas supply from our utility company. I'm looking for...
  2. Jcheech

Vanity Conundrum

Terry, thanks for your thoughtful reply. The home was built in 1970 and the waste line looks to be copper. It's likely 1-1/4", but I'd have to confirm. The fitting protruding from the wall is sweat x 2" male. There is a bushing on it to pair down to 1-1/4" for the P-Trap. Inside the wall...
  3. Jcheech

Vanity Conundrum

Thanks for your response, Kreemoweet. I guess good plumbers are born not made. To be a condescending douche bag, however, is an acquired skill. Kudos.
  4. Jcheech

Vanity Conundrum

Before I get down to business wanted to say thank you in-advance for your time and suggestions. Your responses are very much appreciated. Also, wanted to dive on my sword for making a bad rookie mistake in laying out this vanity and cue some well deserved laughter from the group. Here's my...
  5. Jcheech

Closet Flange

Wow, this really ruined my Sunday. I just finished! I cut 2 2x3's into 14" lengths, fed them down into the joist area, and glued them into place using PL. After I gave it a few hours to dry I used 3" deck screws to secure the flange in place. I reinstalled the toilet in place and it is now...
  6. Jcheech

Closet Flange

G'day. In installing a new toilet I accidentally popped the closet flange off of the 3" copper riser. I replaced the flange with a multi-purpose PVC replacement flange that slipped into the riser. (the replacement riser was the type that had a 6" tail-piece with a gasket on the outside of...
  7. Jcheech

Baseboard Replacement

I am looking to replace a length of basebord on my heating system. I have a gas fired boiler and hydronic base-boards throughout my house. My question is what is the proper way to drain the plumbing system and also the proper way to refill the system after I connect the new base-board...
  8. Jcheech

Shower body Rough-in

Thanks all. That picture doesn't do me much justice. I took it before I installed the straps. I was concerned about the depth of the shower and wanted some advice before I tied it up nice and square. Now that I know it's Ok for it to be flush with the finish wall, Ill install the straps and...
  9. Jcheech

Shower body Rough-in

Hey folks, I was wonderin' if any of ya would take a look at this question I posted over in John Bridge (link below) and give me your thoughts. Thanks a bunch. http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=698866&postcount=28
  10. Jcheech

Basic Wiring Question

Thanks everyone for the input. Mission accomplished! I created 4 12-inch strands of wire, stripped off about two inches from each one and twisted them together with the line feed, then i cut it down to length and put a wire nut on it. It was nice and tight and even looked like a seasoned pro...
  11. Jcheech

Basic Wiring Question

Thanks, Pete. I'll have to practice on some scrap material first. I'm thnking it would be easier if i strip off more than 3/4" from each wire - say about 2 inches - twist them neatly and trim the whole thing down to the right length. Regards.
  12. Jcheech

Basic Wiring Question

I am planning a new circuit. It will be a 15 amp circuit running from the panel to a four gang box. The circuit will power a bathroom fan and three light fixtures. In order to wire the four switches I'll need to make a pigtail from the line to each switch in the four gang box. That means...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks