Search results

1. good_improvement

glue for repairing air leak in pvc pipe

I did not put tape around it because the back side of the juncture is pressed flush with the concrete wall. And to the the one side as I said before, it comes out of a wall. Also, I did not want to mess up the plastic by leaving sticky tape residue behind which is hard to clean off. Maybe I...
  2. good_improvement

Water heater drain leak

I do not own your brand heater! So this is not a suggestion to do anything specific. I thought about the scenario you are talking about, if I flushed my 10 year old hot water heater for the 1st time. So I called the factory and they said, yeh it might start dripping if I opened that faucet...
  3. good_improvement

I might be imagining the slight draft from the pipe itself, but no way am I imagining the slight smell if I get withing 2 inches of the juncture. So that would indicate that it is a very tight and almost completely sealed pipe which would explain no water leak. Oh well.
  4. good_improvement

Yeh, I was wonder if I was imagining the smell myself. So I went to other similar pipes in the basement and smelled the junctures too, and I could not smell a thing. I agree, I do not understand how there could be zero water leak, even if it was on the top side of the juncture. Could it come...
  5. good_improvement

By dry do you mean the water flows through it , but does not stand in it. It is very hard to replace the joint as the horizontal pipe that comes into it, comes out from behind a wall. The exposed old pipe has essentially maybe a 1/4 inch space before it goes behind the wall. And the...
  6. good_improvement

What is the best glue for repairing slight smell at joint of large diameter pvc pipe. It is a dry joint in the pipe, so I think the leak must be on the top of a horizontal portion of 90 degree juncture. So waste water must flow under the leak. Think I feel a slightly cold air at the juncture...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks