Search results

1. TomBrooklyn

Residential Lights and Outlets on Same Circuit?

Residential NYC Aside from dedicated outlets like those in kitchens and bathrooms etcetera, do you like to mix lighting and outlets on the same circuit or keep them seperate?
  2. TomBrooklyn

Soldering 1.5" Pipe...Any Tips?

Any tips on how to solder 1.5" pipe? I've done a little soldering on .5 and .75". I got a short length of pipe and a couple of half damaged fittings to practice with. I got propane, but perhaps I need to pick up MAPP. (I also got acetylene as part of an oxy-acetylene setup) but I...
  3. TomBrooklyn

Soldering Pipe: How Big With Bernz-O-Matic?

Up to what size standard copper pipe can a regular Bernz-O-Matic propane torch work? How about the Bernz-O-Matic with MAPP?
  4. TomBrooklyn

Sleeve, Chrome, Shower Faucet: Won't Come Off

How in great blazes do you remove the chrome sleeve off a shower (hot water) faucet that doesn't want to come off? (to access the stem to change a washer.) I tried turning if off with a channel lock / vice grips and just succeeded in scraping the chrome off the brass and changing it from...
  5. TomBrooklyn

Pittsburgh Pipe Wrenches Any Good?

Are Pittsburgh pipe wrenches any good, such as the 24" aluminum one from Harborfreight? http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=39606
  6. TomBrooklyn

Cutting Into 6" Extra Heavy Soil Pipe

I'd like to cut into the soil pipe in the floor of my basement for the purpose of tying in a drain for a toilet and sink. The house and thus the pipe is 97 years old. The pipe is 6" and is about 3/8" thick walls. This is extra heavy pipe I think. I tried cutting it with an abrasive blade...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks