Search results

1. Boerdoc

Can I use a CSV on this without pulling the pump?

A relay like this one for switching between the 2 systems? And a separate one for the float switch. How do I make the connection between the 2 systems going out to the pump. Is there a problem with the power going back to the other circuit if I just use a junction box and wire connectors?
  2. Boerdoc

Thank you. You guys are so helpful. I appreciate it tremendously. Any ideas on where to get the relay and toggle switch. The relay would be a 240v with 24 v coil and the toggle is DPDT on-off-on, Correct? I think I must have the most complicated water system known to man but as long as it...
  3. Boerdoc

I have a pitless adapter that is under the frost line. I get the idea of a float switch as well as the float valve. I have a 24v line to the cistern that I can use to put power to the switch and return to a relay that carries the 220v power to the well pump. So to fill the cistern I would...
  4. Boerdoc

Thanks for the assistance. I have to have a float valve in the cistern because my water table during the wet winter and spring is above the cistern and by gravity water flows into the cistern and actually will overflow if the valve does not shut it off. During this time of the year we do not...
  5. Boerdoc

I am using my well to fill the cistern and it is then pumped into the house by a separate pump in the cistern. The pump in the well is a 3/4 hp 15 gpm pump 80 feet down. The pressure switch in the cellar controls when the cistern needs water and turns on the pump. I would like to put in a CSV to...
  6. Boerdoc

Troubleshooting lack of water from well.

Time to update the progress. It seems up here in North Idaho getting a well rehabilitated is not easy unless you do it yourself. I contacted Northwest Hydrofracturing 8-10 times without a return call, even on their website. When they did return the call, the job was contracted to be done. 4...
  7. Boerdoc

When you say you would shy away from shallow wells is that to frack them or something else?
  8. Boerdoc

Thanks for the guidance. This site and its users are great assets to society. Is there any limitation to hydrofracturing a well that is only 80 feet deep. The water levels are shallow as well.
  9. Boerdoc

I have also reached out to Northwest Hydrofracking for evaluation and Vermillion Well drilling who drilled the well originally to see what they could do. Thanks Craigpump for the heads up. From those 3 companies I should be able to get something done.
  10. Boerdoc

In searching for water well rehabilitation in my area, Northern Idaho, I found a company that uses "Aqua Freed" technology to rehabilitate wells. It uses a combination of liquified carbon dioxide and mechanical cleaning to rehabilitate wells. My internet searching did not come up with anything...
  11. Boerdoc

I installed the Jobe topaz differential valve with the flow rate for filling set at 4 gpm. Doing my calculations, at a regeneration rate of 60 gallons per hour, The pump would cycle less than once per hour. Does that sound about right and is that good or bad. I will look into getting the well...
  12. Boerdoc

I removed the pumpsaver, replaced the capacitor and ran the amperage testing. The amps ran at 5.8 amps until the water stopped flowing. Then it dropped immediately to 4.7 amps. I let it run there for another minute then shut off the breaker. The pump overload never tripped and it stayed at 4.7...
  13. Boerdoc

I will be doing the final troubleshooting and assessments today. After performing all the tests, I plan to put everything back together with a few changes. I will be replacing the sprinkler valve that controls the filling of the cistern with a Topaz differential valve. I have had to replace the...
  14. Boerdoc

Perfect. My panel is in the garage. I ordered. 1x CS1PH1-2HP230V.......... CYCLE SENSOR w/ NEMA ENCLOSURE Hopefully that is the correct one.
  15. Boerdoc

Since the well is 100 yards uphill from home, could I place a Cycle Sensor in the cellar where the pressure switch is. This would be much easier to monitor if possible, especially when snow is on the ground.
  16. Boerdoc

I ordered a new capacitor. I misunderstood the amperage drop. I measured the amps during running but I was watching the flow until it stopped then went to the panel to check amps. I was probably 20 seconds to get there so it could have dropped to 3 first and then to zero. I was alone so I could...
  17. Boerdoc

My "pumptec" is actually a Franklin 3 wire control box with a pumpsaver installed inside it. I noticed that the capacitor in the controller is leaking some flaky material. Please see the pics. Does this mean that the control box capacitor is toast? Since the pumpsaver is inside the control...
  18. Boerdoc

Thanks Valveman, I will check it out this evening.
  19. Boerdoc

Thanks Valveman, it should be easy to bypass the pumptec. With the clip around meter do I clip around all wires at once right by the pumptec (where I bypass)? """If the amps go to zero, the overload in the motor is probably tripping. If the amps drop to about 50%, you are pumping the well...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks