Search results

1. bathlady

Rusty water from new handshower installation

Thanks guys. These are all good things to check as soon as I get a chance. Terry, thanks for the info - I figured plumbers would *not* use galvanized for water pipes, seems like common sense to me. I learn something new every day.
  2. bathlady

Yeah, I figured the Grohe stuff itself would be fine. Thanks for letting me know about the galvanized. I had a sneaking suspicion it might be something like that. I suppose I will have to take off the wall union and check behind it to see what they installed. Master plumbers they were not :(
  3. bathlady

Shower Valve Recommendations

We like the Grohe thermostatic valves that we recently put in both a tub/shower and a shower only.
  4. bathlady

Toto vs. Kohler Cast Iron Tub

Just a note to follow up: we bought the Kohler Mendota tub. It's great, it has a nice solid cast-iron feel. The shower water sounds quieter than the old fiberglass(?) all-in-one tub and wall panel unit that was in there before. And the tub has a nice size on the inside. The one thing I...
  5. bathlady

We had two Grohe handshowers installed in two different bathrooms, and are getting rusty water from both of them for the first several seconds of using them each day they are used. They were both installed in addition to an existing regular showerhead (with the original copper piping). A new...
  6. bathlady

Toto Drake: no glaze in trapway?

All I know is that I bought two Drakes in late 2003 for another house we were in, and they were glazed smooth in the trapway and under the bowl rim and on the back of the tank, and overall the quality seemed better than this one. Perhaps they work the same, I do not know. I would have to test...
  7. bathlady

Toto Drake: no glaze in trapway?

Not a fully glazed trapway here either I just picked up my Toto Drake, and the trapway is rough, not glazed - just like the original poster described. On the bottom is stamped "Made in China". Is it possible that the China made ones are not fully glazed, while those made elsewhere ARE fully...
  8. bathlady

More grohe thermostatic trouble

I just bought a Grohe thermostatic valve. One of the salesguys at the plumbing parts store said that almost all the NEW Grohe thermostatic valves operate this way; there is a detent that you have to push harder to get past the safe temp. The old valves had a button you press to get past the...
  9. bathlady

Okay, thank you both for the information. I also checked with a local plumbing supply company, who put in a call to Toto. The mfr. says the Toto tub is 11" deep (presumably to the overflow), 16.5" wide at the base, and 25 5/16" at the widest part of the base near the overflow.
  10. bathlady

>bump< So, nobody has any experience with either of these cast iron tubs?
  11. bathlady

We're looking at installing one of two 60 x 32 cast iron tubs: 1. Toto FBY1525 (Augusta Decorative Collection) 2. Kohler Mendota Does anyone have either of these tubs and how do you like it? How long has it been installed, and how much use does it see? How do you like the texture on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks