Search results

1. CTWeekendWarrior

Drywall - Paper Tape vs. Self Adhesive Mesh

Hello all, Just hung all my drywall and I'm about to start the dreaded taping portion of the project. My question today is in regards to which type of tape to use, the paper kind or the mesh type which is self-adhesive. I have finished drywall maybe two or three times, and I can't say I'm...
  2. CTWeekendWarrior

Name the mystery tile!

The picture below was taken at my cousin's house in Albany NY. The house is an older one, but I'm not sure of the exact vintage. To the right of the TP holder there is a mystery tile that we can't figure out what it is for. It has a shelf at the bottom and there is a vertical divider which...
  3. CTWeekendWarrior

Kickspace Heaters (Beacon Morris)

I'm in the process of adding a bathroom, and wall space for baseboard heat is scarce in my design. I am considering using a kickspace heater, such as the Beacon/Morris Twin-Flo III installed below the vanity. Does anyone have any experiences/input on these units? The bathroom has an...
  4. CTWeekendWarrior

Bathroom Exhaust Vent Size?

My question is regarding a bathroom exhaust vent for a new bathroom I am adding to my home. The volume of the new bathroom is approx. 500 cu ft. (11 ft w X 6 ft D X7.5 ft H). The fan in my other bathroom does a poor job of exhausting steam from the bathroom, and condensation on the walls is a...
  5. CTWeekendWarrior

Seamless Shower Stall

I am looking to buy a seamless shower stall for a new bathroom. Due to space constraints, i would like a 32" wide unit. I am just curious what brands people have had success with or would recommend. Thanks for any advice.
  6. CTWeekendWarrior

Did I pay too much for vinyl siding?

I just ordered some vertical "board and batten" style vinyl siding from a building supplier in north central CT. I was surprised when the bill came to $118/SQ. I have never bought siding before, but having said that this seems to be a high price. Did I get hosed, or does this sound like a...
  7. CTWeekendWarrior

Vent Stack vs. Stack Vent

What is the difference between a Vent Stack and a Stack Vent?
  8. CTWeekendWarrior

Jog in Vent Stack?

I am adding a new bath and it is located directly above my existing vent stack. I had originally planned to put a series of bends in the stack in order to move the location of the vertical riser into the new walls above. While looking through the IRC 03 (effective in CT) I noticed a paragraph...
  9. CTWeekendWarrior

Bathtub Drain Problems

The drain in my bathtub is leaking, so I tried to remove the drain in order to install a new gasket. When I tried to unscrew the drain the cross shaped piece in the bottom of the drain snapped. Now I have no clue how I am going to remove the broken drain. A trip to my local home improvement...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks