Search results

1. frank in ohio

Burnham boiler question

I just had a new Burnham boiler installed, oil fired, and when we first fired it up, we cranked each thermostat (2 zones) all the way max and it worked fine. This was about a month ago, I haven't had to use it until recently. What seems to be happening is that if I have the thermostat set for...
  2. frank in ohio

Water belches from overflow tube.

I've noticed small amounts of water on the floor at the back of the toilet lately and have discovered that when flushing the toilet, water belches from the overflow tube for a split second. I think it hits the lid and then just kind of squirts out the back of the tank. I've looked at my other...
  3. frank in ohio

Bang when pump turns on

I am on a system which has a 35 gallon pressure tank, maybe 4 years old, the pressure switch is a 30-50 switch. When the pump first kicks on, like maybe after 4 or 5 hours of non-usage, it does so with a fairly loud noise that can be heard throughout the house, much like it is rattling the...
  4. frank in ohio

Boiler - Oil vs Propane

My oil fired boiler is 30+ years old, it still works but probably needs some work, and with the cost of fuel oil being close to 4 bucks a gallon, I was considering replacing it with a propane fired boiler. Those are the only choices that I have. Some contractors have told me to avoid propane...
  5. frank in ohio

boiler pressure

My son in law just called and said that his pressure relief valve just blew on his boiler. We've been out of town for 4 days and he set the temp down to 60. When he got home, he fired up the boiler, then he said about ten minutes later, the pressure valve blew and he couldn't shut it off. I...
  6. frank in ohio

Boiler bleeding

I have a Weil Mcclain oil fired boiler that I am trying to bleed, having some success, but not quite right as I can hear the water flowing when the circulator turns on. Also, it seems to build up to the cut off temperature more quickly than before, thereby shutting down the burner. There are...
  7. frank in ohio

Mustee shower pan

In remodeling a bathroom, I was at the point of replacing the shower. I bought an E.L. Mustee shower pan (36 x 36). The drain is in the middle, as was the old one, but rather than being just a hole, there is a sort of built in drain that extends down about 2 inches or so. The directions say...
  8. frank in ohio

Toilet Flange

I'm remodeling a small bathroom and after removing the toilet, I noticed that the metal in the flange was pretty much rusted away. The flange is black plastic and is glued to the outside of the black elbow underneath, which has in inside diameter of 3 inches. I tried using one of those...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks