Search results

1. kwarner

Drake tank gasket can leak

A while ago, I posted a question about whether the Toto Drake tank gasket can leak. I suspected it after experiencing a slow leak and efforts to sand and seal the tank bolts didn't seem to help. Previous post Well, it CAN! After pulling the tank for the upteenth time after a time gap...
  2. kwarner

Caulk around toilet?

So what is the purpose of caulking around the base of the toilet? I never caulked around the base because I wanted to see if/when the flange seal failed and started leaking. The previous toilet was caulked and I ended up with a rotted out bathroom floor because everything looked fine for a...
  3. kwarner

Toto Drake tank/bowl movement?

Tank gasket Is anyone having problems getting the tank gasket to sit flush with the tank as described in Jamie's Instructions? I can't get my gasket to sit flush because the shoulder inside the gasket sits on top of the nut that holds the center pipe thingy (sorry, I don't know the technical...
  4. kwarner

Is toilet/flange joint supposed to be watertight?

I guess I'm not crazy You know, I was thinking of doing something like that. Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy. I was considering splicing a piece of a second ring into one ring to get the diameter of the ring up. I could then get it to sit supported on the flange instead of hanging...
  5. kwarner

Got a look at what I'm against Pulled my toilet Saturday to see what I was up against and took a stroll through the Home Depot plumbing department to get some answers to my questions. On maintaining the seal with Super Rings and such, the instructions for the Super Ring say to use silicone...
  6. kwarner

Ok, I always thought the joint between a closet flange and a toilet is supposed to be watertight with the wax ring forming the seal. But reading this forum, I see things like red rings and spacer rings with no mention as to how a seal is maintained. I have a 4" closet flange that is flush...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks