Search results

1. DL

What model Gas Bradford White to use?

Remodeling whole inside of house, just like new construction. Whats the scoop on these? DEFENDER SAFETY SYSTEM® EXTRA RECOVERY ATMOSPHERIC VENT ENERGY SAVER MODELS M-2-XR65T6FBN 65 gallon M-2-XR504T6FBN 50 gallon Have a New Sundance Optima Spa on back screened in porch...
  2. DL

What is needed for new water heater in new location?

New Gas Water Heater, What model Bradford White touse? oops sorry
  3. DL

Sewerage/sulphur smell in house?

Update, I know it's been a while. It turns out that the house was built wtih Chinese drywall and thats where the odor was coming from. The owner of the house tore out all the drywall and installed all new drywall, which fixed the problem with the odor. Thanks for everyone's help.
  4. DL

I don't know. Smell is everywhere in house???
  5. DL

I paid $31.00. I guess the next thing to do is call a home inspector or environmental inspector?
  6. DL

OK, Smell is the same today. I did call the people I bought the anode from, they said I could cut it to fit? Is this OK to do right? Mikey, No chlorinator installed. Do I need one even though I am on city water/sewerage? Doesn't the city water have plenty of chlorine in it to make it safe...
  7. DL

Hey Redwood, I opened the pressure relief valve to vent the tank to allow the water to drain faster out of the bottom drain valve. It says after about an hour, open up the hot water going to each hot water side outlet on the faucets, tub valves, etc to let the bleached water in the tank...
  8. DL

Hey. With the cold water inlet valve shut off to the water heater . How is there going to be any pressure to push the hot water out of the tank? Then I have to open the cold water inlet valve and turn all the hot water faucets, tub , etc on for 10 minutes or less to run bleach through lines...
  9. DL

I got it. It's all good.. Thanks
  10. DL

You don't have to scream your words..lol I got good eyesight.. I'll try it...Thanks
  11. DL

I talked to the plumber today. I called him earlier this week and we both agreed to check the house out today before doing a smoke test. He stopped by this morning, Came inside the house and noticed the sulphur smell I was describing. He said it wasn't a septic /sewerage problem. Said he...
  12. DL

I don't see how since I have the water going into the hot water heater filtered and softened. I drained the hot water heater when I had the softner and filter put in.
  13. DL

.. A friend in my neighborhood a few houses down, doesn't have the smell in his house. Another person I know on the same side of the street as me, doesn't smell in his house. It may be the water may not? I'm going to find out soon, if its the shitter or the water...lol
  14. DL

Have a whole house water filter and softner installed on water line entering house. I don't smell it in the water. As soon as I walk into the house every day, it has an odor. I figure tub drains, washing machine drain, toilet wax rings ?( tile on all floors in bathrooms, no stains around...
  15. DL

I don't know.. I have smelled the water from the faucet outside, It doesn't have a bad smell to it.
  16. DL

Sorry, been out of town. I am on city sewerage. I don't smell anything outside. Vent pipes look good as far as I can tell, from ground viewing. House is a single story home. Contacted a local plumbing company today. They said they can do a smoke test through the vents on the roof...
  17. DL

Bathtubs for New Rental Duplex

jimbo, Fixtures will be chrome and nothing fancy. SS sinks for kitchen..Countertops will be formica. Stuff I can replace myself from time to time. I know what you are talking about, wolves in sheep clothing. You do what you can upfront in the renting and hope for the best. Been around...
  18. DL

Nobody knows that answer? That's the problem sometimes with renters. i will be screening the renters to try and prevent that. I was thinking cast iron tubs with tile walls with dark grout. Probably go with the new caulk type grout that ends up drying smooth. No yearly grout sealing needed...
  19. DL

Hello, I am renting a house in Homestead, FL while I am working on a project here. The house stinks like sewerage or sulphur? I have poured bleach down all the drains, didn't work. I had a water softner and whole house water filteration system installed, that didn't work ? I've had...
  20. DL

Hello, My 1 bedroom 1 bath Duplex accidentally caught fire about a week ago. It was built in 1972, Concrete block wall, total loss inside. Good thing is I had fire insurance. Going to tear it all down and build a new duplex from the ground up. New duplex, each side will be 2 bedroom 2...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks