Search results

1. Southern Man

Leaking bath faucet

This one's got me stumped. This is the last of the Moen bath faucets in the house that I have occupied for over 11 years. I've had to replace all of them except this one. It's in a basement 1/2 bath and drains to a grinder pump that only serves that bathroom, pumping up to the public sewer...
  2. Southern Man

Interior wall is now an exterior one

I have a basement garage that had a large unused room between the garage and the finished portion of the basement. The room had the heat pump condenser and air handler and was unheated. I demolished a partition wall between the room and the garage so I could store an old car there. Later on...
  3. Southern Man

Touch Switch Controller for LEDs

I installed these: http://www.touchandglow.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DIY-L2&Show=TechSpecs to turn on-off the transformers for low voltage LED under cabinet lights. The transformers draw about 7watts. The problem is that the lights more often than not "flicker". I have three of these...
  4. Southern Man

Adjusting receptacles due to new tile

How do I adjust this? An extender box does not fit.
  5. Southern Man

Pole Vault

Sorry the lights not better, but I saw this the other day at a well bred private school in the area. :eek:
  6. Southern Man

Dryer vent fire

I just heard on Sunday that my kid sister's neighbor was killed in a house fire caused by a dirty dryer vent. She tossed her two kids out the window onto a lower roof then went back to get the dog, and never made it. I just ordered one of these: http://www.rewci.com/lirodrveclki.html
  7. Southern Man

LED cabinet lighting

I'm redoing a kitchen and want to use LED lighting under the cabinets for energy efficiency and heat reduction, and I found two types. 1. Bluish color lights. 2. High intensity type, Available at Slowes for $50 as three pucks (1 watt each) strung together with a 34V transformer. Type 1...
  8. Southern Man

Mountain Electric

I have a seasonal use cabin in the mountains of NC and have numerous problems with electrical and electronic devices. My wife jokes that a body must be buried under the house and its ghost is driving us nuts. In three years: 1. Refrigerator board intermittently beeping. I located the...
  9. Southern Man

Honeywell L8148 Aquastat

I have one installed on a 3 year old oil fired residential boiler. I have the thermostat set to the lowest setting, 180F. When the burner cycles the temperature goes up to 240F, and the burner shuts off. Sometimes the T&P vents around the same time. The cycle repeats when the temperature drops...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks