Search results

1. Leaky Boot

Ebay Down Hole Camera Reviews?

Never tried the penlight.. I did try the camera to locate the end of pipe that was down about 200 ft to try to fish it. Soon as I hit water could not see a thing. We set a new pump and pipe on top of the lost pump and when we pumped water it was brown so explained my "no vision". Not...
  2. Leaky Boot

Recovering pipe and leaving just the stuck pump?

Had a couple of stuck pumps that took some time to get out. One of these days one will not come. What is the best method to get the pipe off and leave the pump so we can install another just up from that one? Last problem was 1 inch steel pipe and stuck at 150 ft. If it had been PVC we...
  3. Leaky Boot

Air in lines

We will see when I open up the drop pipe. House is under construction and owners living in a travel trailer in drive so don't think they have a softner yet. Will see next week. Thanks for the comment.
  4. Leaky Boot

Air in lines

Installed a new system couple months ago. 550 ft well with 1 hp pump at 260 ft with 150 static. 30 GPM well. Owner called saying he has air in lines. Pitless adapter with tank under house and well about 100 ft out in yard. There is one check valve one ft below the pitless inside the 6...
  5. Leaky Boot

Where can I get a new pump dog dish?

Had a "dog dish" I had gotten from Franklin Electric several years ago and we used it on every job involving a submersible 4 inch pump not attached to a pipe. For those who don't know it looks like a dog dish and is just for setting a pump in to hold it upright while you install the pipe and...
  6. Leaky Boot

Hotch Tool For Fishing

That is not the tool. This was Hotchco I think. It had only one spear like probe that locked inside. Thanks for the try. Think the company was in the Southeast area.
  7. Leaky Boot

Hotch Tool For Fishing

Few years back a company with the name Hotch in it, can't remember exact name, advertised a metal tool that you stick inside a pvc pipe and it locked in. You pushed down to let go. Video showed them lifting a small truck rear end with it in a pipe hooded to the truck. Anyone know how to...
  8. Leaky Boot

Pump Cable Burns Into Why?

Find this pretty often. Usually when you get nothing on the Ohm meter you have this. Sometime it looks like it was rubbing on the wall but not really that often. This AM went to a warranty job to see what the problem was on a pump system we installed last summer. Half way down, 100 ft...
  9. Leaky Boot

Anyone have trouble with Centripro motors stripping splines?

Pulled a 10 year old Red Jacket 3/4 hp today to find the splines stripped. I have sold and installed a bunch of these and I hope they don't start doing this at only 10 years. This was a light use household system. If it had been a farm might not have lasted this long. Not at all like...
  10. Leaky Boot

Ebay Down Hole Camera Reviews?

Used the camera yesterday to try and find the depth of some rusty steel casing. I find it needs more light than the 2 leds. It would be ok for looking about a fishing job but not bright enough to tell where the rusty steel stopped and the rock started. Will try a penlight taped to it...
  11. Leaky Boot

Removing Sch 80 PVC from top of pump 250 ft down. 1 inch pipe. 6 inch bore.

Another pump outfit pulled on it until pipe broke just a few feet down in the casing. The overshot would likely get it back down but along with the pipe too. I would like to just get the pipe out then maybe knock the pump to the bottom and the rock it is hanging on and leave them there...
  12. Leaky Boot

Removing Sch 80 PVC from top of pump 250 ft down. 1 inch pipe. 6 inch bore.

Some methods to get the pipe free from a stuck pump?
  13. Leaky Boot

What is a good switch for storage tank?

If we don't use a relay will it work fine just breaking one leg of the 240 volts?
  14. Leaky Boot

What is a good switch for storage tank?

Setting up system on a low yield well. 3/4 HP submersible run by a PumpTec Control going to a Poly 1000 gallon tank with another pump and pressure tank to supply house. Looking for the best option in switches to shut down the well when poly tank is full. Thanks. LB
  15. Leaky Boot

Pump Math

Interesting. So using these figures if we double the depth to a static level of 180 ft we will need a pump capable of producing 133 psi at the pump to get the 55 psi switch to turn off the pump?
  16. Leaky Boot

Pump Math

39 psi used to move a 1 inch water column up 90 ft sure seems like a lot. Then to get 55 psi I need a total pressure of 94 psi at the pump..??
  17. Leaky Boot

Pump Math

How many PSI are used up lifting water from a 90 ft water level to the surface using 1 inch drop pipe? I have a used pump that can do 70 PSI max in my test tank. I figure the water column has a weight of 25 to 28 pounds and I need 50 to 55 PSI to reach switch kick off. Thanks, LB
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks