Search results

1. rrando

How do I remove Tub Spout when set screw is not visible

Trying to remove a Moen Monticello Tub Spout with diverter. I cannot see a set screw - but I do see a white plastic ring with projecting tabs and a grey metal piece surrounding that. Both of those pieces rotate if I turn the spout. What is the best way to remove the spout without damaging the...
  2. rrando

Repair corroded seat on pull-up shower diverter?

I did the repair as described and it is better than before, but still leaks consideraby. So, plan B is to replace the whole spout. I will make a new post with a question about the best way to remove it.
  3. rrando

Thanks, I will definitely try to keep the seat flat, smooth and parallel to the seal. My time is worth something, but it isn't money - I enjoy the challenge of fixing stuff that isn't completely broken. Stuff used to be made to last a long time, more than a generation. I have some old hand...
  4. rrando

Thanks, I'll try it. As you say, can't hurt. It should be relatively easy to get a smooth surface and the remaining roughness will help the epoxy adhere. I was willing to replace the whole spout, but a piece has rotated so the setscrew is not accessible, and I didn't want to possibly mess...
  5. rrando

I'm replacing a tub spout shower diverter using a kit (gate, washer, metal stem). There is corrosion where the washer seals. I tried to clean it with vinegar and a brush, then smooth it with a flat file. It is still quite rough. Would it be possible to apply a thin coating of epoxy or JBweld...
  6. rrando

Installing air gap with uneven countertop bottom

Thank you Reach4. Your suggestion worked really well. I cut two 5/8 inch long rings from some left-over 1-1/2 inch ABS pipe. I removed a section about 0.9 inches from one ring so it would compress to fit inside the other. At first, I used a small hand saw to trim the ends of the split ring...
  7. rrando

Great idea. I was thinking some sort of cut-off washer, but couldn't find a really large one. As it turns out, 1.5 inch ABS pipe is exactly the OD of the nut, so I will cut off a small piece and cut a notch to fit around the flange. I may even be able to find another plastic pipe to fill the...
  8. rrando

I am installing a dishwasher air gap in a granite countertop and the undermount sink flange is very close to the hole for the air gap. So the bottom nut only contacts the sink flange on one side and does not make contact with the countertop on the opposite side. There is about a 1/8 inch...
  9. rrando

recommmended sprinkler line pressure

Thanks for everyone's advice and suggestions. I've done a bit of digging around in the yard and on the web and here is an update. My line pressure is 70 psi. My valves are old brass manual Champions converted to automatic with gray plastic Toro/LawnGenie actuators. The transformer is good...
  10. rrando

Its definitely high pressure as I have burst two cheap hoses that I left pressurized, but I'll pick up some adapters to connect a pressure gauge (1/8 npt to 1/2 inch pipe or hose bibb) and report back (edit -- its 70 psi). here is a basically what my system looks like (main line from...
  11. rrando

I'm fixing my sprinklers. Our old service line was replaced with copper, and we replaced the pressure regulator for the house but the sprinkler taps off the incoming line at full city water pressure. (We did this on purpose so we could have high pressure to hoses and to the pool fill line --...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks