Search results

1. Woodenshoe

Raise showerhead

My house was build in the eighties by my wives grandfather and the showerheads are low. Are there any couplings/extenders on the market that are recommended? The problem is that the pipe that comes out the wall already points downwards and cannot be removed without going in the wall. Any help...
  2. Woodenshoe

Rheem Marathon, no anode rod

inlet My AC/inlet is right there where the washer/dryer/HWH and a bathroom is:o
  3. Woodenshoe

Hot water I am not exactly sure but I assume that he meant when taking showers or baths the gasses would go through the ac vent back into the unit when running:confused: Doe that make any sense or was he just talking out of his ass? He installer is a neighbor down the street and he has been in...
  4. Woodenshoe

Sulphur gas The old A/C unit was replaced and the installer informed me that the coils where probably eaten up by the Sulphur(gasses) in the well water:eek:
  5. Woodenshoe

Pressure tank installed correctly?

Manual Yeah but yours would probably be a lot cheaper without the clack on it:) The only problem I have right now is that I do not have a drain in my little well house. The drain from the old softener that was installed was just hanging outside the wellhouse and was discharging behind the...
  6. Woodenshoe

yes it does remove sand To answer your question, yes it does remove sand from my well. It has a stainless steel filter and works well. If I want something else besides a inline filter would this be a good alternative in combination with a softener...
  7. Woodenshoe

Sand It has been working now for a year or two, I had well guys coming over and they all said I need to drill a new well:( What kind of sand filters are in your eyes better, do you have any examples or links?
  8. Woodenshoe

Sulfur in well water

bump I wonder if bumping a post up is allowed?:confused:
  9. Woodenshoe

Septic tank lid removal for cleaning

I have been all over the forum asking questions, I hope y'all are not tired of me yet:rolleyes: I have a septic tank that will be emptied tomorrow just as a preventive, it has been probably 5 years since last done and it was because it was backing up. The house was build by my wife's pop, rest...
  10. Woodenshoe

I have a shallow well with a 1 hp jetpump and a bladdertank for my house. A couple of years ago I had a new pump installed and he also put the pressure tank in a different spot. After that the pressure in the house was a little lower than usual. The pressure switch is 30/50 and pressure tank 28...
  11. Woodenshoe

Softener Thanks for the quick reply Cas. I will probably get a softener from Gary and install that first before the new water heater. I'm planning on staying here forever:eek: so it might be worth the expense. I will research a little more or maybe someone else has more experiences with them...
  12. Woodenshoe

I am almost positive that my hot water heater is going south(12+yrs old) and it is the culprit of creating H2S on the hot water side that damage my copper coils in my A/C unit. I have extremely hard water and no softener yet, working on it. I looked at the Rheem marathon hot water heater that...
  13. Woodenshoe

Washer drain

you guys are right as usual. Well I found out that the previous owner, my wife's uncle hired a "plumber" to plumb after the remodeling and knowing him he probably hired the cheapest he could find and that shows:( We will see until the next wash load if the problem still persist. thanks for...
  14. Woodenshoe

Sulfur in well water

water test kit Well the test came in and tested the water.Somehow I have some problems with matching the colors:rolleyes: Free Chlorine=0 PH=8.5 Total Alkalinity=500 Total Chlorine=0 Total Hardness=250-425,couldn't match the color really Nitrate=0 Nitrite=0 Iron=0.1-0.3, also another...
  15. Woodenshoe

Washer drain

lead I think the tall pipe has been a drain at one point. I think it is under the living room where the kitchen used to be, hell I don't know. As far as I know her uncle and cousin got their master plumber license here in Georgia. If the drain continues to give me problems I will have another...
  16. Woodenshoe

Washer drain

another picture I took another picture down there from plumbing from a toilet in the bathroom next to the washer/dryer. Now I'm not a plumber but there are 2 big pipes going up and the narrow long pipe is not attached to anything:confused: Is that a vent?? I'm confused:D
  17. Woodenshoe

Washer drain

masrer plumbers This is the house that my wife's grandpa build around 1980. I know the original plumbing was done by himself, he was a master plumber. His son moved into the house and he remodeled a lot of things so that the plumbing had to be changed, like move the kitchen to another spot and...
  18. Woodenshoe

Washer drain

run Is it the run that looks like it has a short pair of 90's What is the "run":confused: Do you mean after the first curve? The funny thing is that we never had problems before and i think we have been using it for over a year
  19. Woodenshoe

Washer drain

picture OK I decided to go back down under:cool: Here is the best angle I could take the picture from. The drain is on the right hand side and you can follow the line where it is connected to another 2" line and that one is connected to the main line as you can see up front. So the drain line...
  20. Woodenshoe

Washer drain

Yuck! These crawlspaces I have been living here for over 9 years and I just came back from my first visit from the crawlspace under the house:eek: It was kinda scary but as far as I could see the 2" drain from the washer curls on the bottom and then curls again and then connected to the main...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks