Search results

1. Templass

Gould pump keeps running

Ok, here's what doesn't make sense to me: If the tank is full, and it is, why won't it build pressure? Is there something in the pump that may need fixing, and if so, what? Where are the jets? Jackie
  2. Templass

Gould pump keeps running

The blatter tank is a 9 gal. After we replaced it, that's when we seemed to start having the problem.
  3. Templass

Gould pump keeps running

Pump is in the basement (above ground). Also, we replaced an old blatter tank (3-4 gal) with a new one about 3 yrs ago. Would that have an effect? Jackie
  4. Templass

Gould pump keeps running

Well, I'm back ... same problem different year, and I'm going crazy. We have a 280' deep well with a 3/4 hp Gould pump, in the basement. The pump shuts off, but only after it runs for 1/2 hr or so. We lowered the switch setting to 17-37 because it seemed to take forever to go beyond the 37...
  5. Templass

Gould pump keeps running

Well, I'm back ... same problem different year, and I'm going crazy. We have a 280' deep well with a 3/4 hp Gould pump, in the basement. The pump shuts off, but only after it runs for 1/2 hr or so. We lowered the switch setting to 17-37 because it seemed to take forever to go beyond the 37...
  6. Templass

Pump still runs too long

There's only one pipe running from the wall to the pump. JS
  7. Templass

Pump still runs too long

reduced switch setting Okay, here's what I did. We reduced the setting on the switch from 30/50 to 20/40. The pressure isn't as good, but the pump only runs about 4 min. before it stops, compared to 15-20 min. before. (Yes, my electric bills are high!) The well is 260 feet deep and we're...
  8. Templass

Pump still runs too long

Hi guys, I wrote the following a few days ago, but I need to add more info: Hi all, About a month ago we replaced the switch (?) on our well pump. It was a 20/40 so we adjusted to 30/50. The pressure seems to build okay until it hits about 48 psi. After that, it seems to run, and run...
  9. Templass

Well pump runs too long

Hi all, About a month ago we replaced the switch (?) on our well pump. It was a 20/40 so we adjusted to 30/50. The pressure seems to build okay until it hits about 48 psi. After that, it seems to run, and run, and run. We adjusted the spread to 18 lbs. (30/48) but it doesn't seem to...
  10. Templass

Well pump pressure drops to zero

Read your site I went to your link and I'm going to drain the bladder tank and recheck pressure. Thanks for your help.
  11. Templass

Well pump pressure drops to zero

Hi all, Please bear with me as I know little about this stuff, but I'm learning fast. My husband replaced the pressure gauge on our well. I believe we went from a 30-50 to a 20-40 Pumptrol, and I know that it can be adjusted upward. We reduced the air in our tank to 18, but we didn't drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks