Search results

1. 30all

aprilaire humidifier

problem solved It turns out that the transformer was hard-wired in junction box of furnace by contractor 'Air Group' (Aprilaire dealer in my area) in the first place, no relay sensor, of cause water will constantly flow as long as humidifier control is on. After researching and studying on...
  2. 30all

aprilaire humidifier

my house in NJ has an older model of Aprilaire whole-house humdifier 550 with manual controller, it did not work for many year until I have plumber remove saddle valve and re-route water tube that goes to humidifier. However, I found out the water keeps flow into humidifier even hot-air furnace...
  3. 30all

dirty residual in instant host water hose

The yellow rubber(neoprane?) hot water tube broke at the spot where connects to water tank after only 1 year of use of my instant hot water. I cut 1" at the end then I saw this disgusting green deposit inside the hose. How can I rectify this problem? I don't even know how if this hot water...
  4. 30all

ice maker hose problem

I did not use saddle valve, the hose is connect to 1/4" ball valve stop soldered to 1/2" copper. I'm sure is has something to do with that leak proof thingy where blocked water flow.
  5. 30all

ice maker hose problem

I installed a leak-proof (bought at HD) steel braid 1/4" hose to connect ice maker in refrig. For some reason, no water flows through hose to refrigerator. It looks like water is stopped by 'leak proof' lock at water supply even I don't have a leak downstream, How I can fix it?? Thanks
  6. 30all

instance hot water dispenser installation

instant hot water dispenser installation I have a Mountain Plumbing system to install soon. the faucet has 3 short 1/4 copper tubes to connect to tank and water supply. I was wondering if I can use poly tube available at ********* and push-in fittings to extend them to reach to heating tank...
  7. 30all

Questions regarding gluing

pvc to abs I had the same situation when I remodeled my bath, existing abs drain pipes and there is no abs to be sold in my area, only pvc. people say abs has been banned because of its lower burning point and fume emitted when on fire? some areas don't permit universal glue for PVC and ABS. I...
  8. 30all

the distance between drain trap and vent fitting

Terry, thank you The 1.5" you are refering to is the size of drain and trap, not length, right? the 42" distance is from p-trap to the vent T fitting?
  9. 30all

the distance between drain trap and vent fitting

I need to move kitchen drain to left along with window. Search for the codes about boring 2x4 stub in exterior wall, it seems doable. but I don't know if I need to move vent along with drain. Since I only need to move 1 or 2 feet from current spot, I may be able to get away from moving vent...
  10. 30all

Shower Diverter

I have the same problem with Kohler's tub diverter too. it's pull and push type of diverter. :confused:
  11. 30all

the wrench to tie up the faucet

Sockets are not useful, the faucets I have are with long tubes for water and stems are too long for suckets. I'll see if I can find a basin wrench with big jaw at plumbing store. thanks.
  12. 30all

the wrench to tie up the faucet

what kind of wrench I can use to tie up the big nut of faucet under count top, the jaw of basin wrench I found at HD is too small for big nut. :(
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks