Search results

1. W

Pump starts with a bang

First you state: Then: :confused: (to say the least)!
  2. W

Pump starts with a bang

The construction of the Amtrol Well-X-Trol bladder water tank, model WX-250 that I have looks like this: In addition, when the tank precharge was set at 38 PSI, the flow would hesitate (reduce in flow for a few seconds) when the pump started. With the precharge set at 34 PSI, this no...
  3. W

Pump starts with a bang

You may have something there. I conducted a few experiments this morning and ended up reducing the tank precharge from 38 to 34 PSI. The bang (water hammer) was significantly reduced both in volume and intensity.
  4. W

Pump starts with a bang

I did; I received the following answer: "1- Pressure switch setting is not the problem. The preset cut on from the factory is either 30 or 40 which can not be too low for ANY pump. What that .pdf file referred to as low is less than 10 PSI. You need to either return the switch to the...
  5. W

Pump starts with a bang

The following instructions for adjusting a pressure switch comes from the Signature 2000 owner’s manual available here: http://www.onga.com.au/secure/downlo...fileid=1001397 TO CHECK PUMP PRESSURE SWITCH SETTING To check pressure switch setting, disconnect power to pump at supply panel...
  6. W

Pump starts with a bang

Our residential water system has performed reliably and well since its installation 14 years ago. Recently however, when any upstairs faucet is drawing water and the pump starts, it starts with a bang (water hammer). On the other hand when I open the faucet located below the pressure gauge to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks