Search results

1. hottubbrad

Well - air in line after freezing

That's great ... thank you so much!
  2. hottubbrad

Thanks for all of the helpful advice. What is the theory on why to only keep a check valve in the hole?
  3. hottubbrad

Yes thanks the exterior hose bib air does rule out the softener....thanks. Have you ever heard of a way to pressure test the line to the pitless?
  4. hottubbrad

I definitely do have a check valve at the pressure tank (photo attached). Can you please explain how this affects the air introduction into the system? I think there is also a built in check valve at the top of the submersible pump. I likely added the check valve on top for redundancy. It...
  5. hottubbrad

Our line from our well to the house (well with submersible pump at 120 feet deep) froze when we were away for a month in the winter. Unfortunately, we are on bedrock and the pipe is only 3 feet deep. I drove hot water down the 1" line using a length of 1/2" Pex. I fed the 1/2" little by...
  6. hottubbrad

Can I add a booster pump after a water softener?

I have a well system with an 80 gallon pressure tank. This feeds a standard resin bed water softener. The house water pressure is not great and can only be fixed by bypassing the water softener. Now, I am going to add a UV water treatment with a pre-filter. (due to coliforms in water...
  7. hottubbrad

tighten shower pipe without scratching it ??

What method do you use to tighten the shower pipe into the drop ear elbow... I always seem to scratch it with my pipe wrench.... And the trims don't cover the scratch marks completely. ALSO, do you use teflon tape or pipe dope.....
  8. hottubbrad

New toilet won't seal

The flange is in concrete ..... so there is no replacing it easily..... This 4" internal flange seems to have a very thick plastic ring. I assume this is designed for concrete slabs so you don't necessarily need to anchor to the slab. (just guessing) Anyway, it is just too thick. There...
  9. hottubbrad

New toilet won't seal

I thought that the horn was adding to the height so I set it in the hole to check.. ...My flange has a recess to accept the horn.....So in other words, it doesn't add to the height of the flange. I will try it again using just wax as some excess wax will fill this "horn recess" and maybe will...
  10. hottubbrad

New toilet won't seal

I am installing an American Standard Elongated bowl on a tile floor over concrete slab. It is a 10" R.O. toilet. The flange was glued internally into the 4" drain and the top of the flange sits 5/8" above the finished floor. This toilet has a 3/4" gap for the wax. In other words, 3/4 minus...
  11. hottubbrad

multi zone supply & return spacing 8"... 4" ??

I am building a multi-zone hydronic system and am wondering how far the supply and the return lines (3/4") should be spread apart where they meet the main loop. I am using a 1-1/4" main loop and there are 6 zones coming off of it eash with its own Grundfos UPS15-58 circ pump. I have heard...
  12. hottubbrad

What size of ABS for toilet? 3" or 4"

What size of ABS should I come up through the slab with for my basement toilet. I bought 4" for my horizontal waste drains under the slab. Is it OK to just 90˚ up with the same 4" for the toilet. What toilet flange should I use if I use the 4"? Thanks
  13. hottubbrad

sleeve under slab

Pretty much every house I have seen on a well has the 1" well line stubbed through the slab in a 4" line of some sort. I don't think running the 1" before the slab pour is done very much as far as I can tell.
  14. hottubbrad

sleeve under slab

What type of pipe should I install under my slab so my well guy can run his 1" water line through it once he drills the well? The length of the run under the slab is about 35'. Also, how should I 90˙ it up through the slab. I used perforated 4" (weeping tile) flex piping at my last house...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks