Search results

1. sc.homeowner

Will another bladder tank help maintain pressure

Without investing in an elaborate filtering system, I have our well water very acceptable now by using 2 whole house filters and a chlorine injector. The problem now is the pressure drop that occurs after the last filter. It is a 5 micron carbon filter and requires changing about every 3 mo. As...
  2. sc.homeowner

Need more pressure especially in upstairs bath

we have a 240 ft well with a submersible pump which pumps ~ 8 gpm. For water conditioning I have a 30 micron WH filter to remove sand and grit, a soda ash/ chlorine injector for PH and finally a 5 micron carbon WH filter to remove the chlorine. All this has worked well except for the pressure...
  3. sc.homeowner

Can I fix mild odor in hot water with chlorine injector?

Mild older was noticed in hot water after well having been repaired of a faulty foot valve. Was wondering could I eliminate this odor by injecting chlorine upstream to the hot water heater to kill the bacteria, then use a carbon filter to remove the chlorine? I already have a chlorine injector...
  4. sc.homeowner

How do I finish disassembly of this Price Pfister faucet?

This is a 15 year old faucet that started leaking just last week. I found a new cartridge that fits but cannot see how to get it out. Got the handle and cap off without a problem. Looks like some sort of special tool is needed?
  5. sc.homeowner

How do I eliminate sediment in well water?

Have always had fine red clay sediment accumulate in toilet tanks but the water has been clear fo the most part. This past week has been much worse. Water had a red/orange tint to it. After the well serviceman pulled the pipe (220 ft.) thinking that it was leaking at a coupling, he found that...
  6. sc.homeowner

Water looks like Alka Seltzer? What Gives?

Our well is over 20 years old. 350 deep. Have had no problems with the quality of the water until about 3 weeks ago. Water drawn from any faucet looks like a glass of Alka Seltzer at first, It will clear in a couple of minutes but it has never done this before. I think this is a high...
  7. sc.homeowner

Changing textured ceiling finish to smooth finish.

I'm a new member so this question may have already been addressed. In this area eveyone refers to it as "popcorn ceilings". I know it's very messy and requires a lot of preparation, but I' retired so my labor is free. Home was built in '85 so I don't have to worry about the asbestos issue. My...
  8. sc.homeowner

Help with muddy water problem

P.S. After the posting below, I put in a new filter. The paper filter removed was orange colored and there was fine black grit at the bottom of the filter housing. I opened a faucet and let the bladder tank refill. After about 2 cycles the water began to clear, and this morning it's nearly...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks