Search results

1. sabre

Settings for Fleck 7000SXT, 48,000 grain system

thank you dittohead for the suggestion. Is there a chance that long term damage was done to resin if it was completely exhausted?
  2. sabre

Hi all, there was a kink in the drain line, so that messed everything up (it is behind some plywood, so hard to see). Likely was the issue with my original unit -- turns out i probably did not need to replace it after all, oh well. I am much more educated now. Water now drains from brine...
  3. sabre

Coming back to follow up. After the initial install, I forced a regen, skipping the brine draw as i understand resin comes charged. Today I forced another one (display showed ~500 after starting around 2500 -- i assume this means gals til next regen?). It seems to have done fine. But I do...
  4. sabre

Drop in water pressure after new softener put in

Hi, thanks. I have it bypassed on the Fleck, and the holes are vertical. I think a valve might have been partly open, so hope that is the issue. I am going to monitor this evening. Thanks for the prompt reply!
  5. sabre

Drop in water pressure after new softener put in

Hi all, I just took out an old Cullgian water softener, and put in a new one with the Fleck 7000xst valve. I have it in bypass right now. But water is now hardly flowing through the system. Just a drip at the sink. I am sure i will need a plumber, but if any quick ideas let me know. Thanks
  6. sabre

Thank you so much Reach4. This is great. I likely will have questions as I go through the process, but this gives me some confidence. Best, Tim
  7. sabre

Hi everyone. I went with a Fleck 7000 SXT Meter Water Softener with 48,000 grain capacity. I am waiting for push on sharkbite connector/hoses and will install it this week. I wanted to try and get a jump on programming with the excellent help of the experts here. Here is my situation...
  8. sabre

5600SXT or 7000SXT question

ok, thank you. I am willing to take a risk but when you say those items "need to be rebuilt" do you mean in every situation, or those are the items that might fail over say 10 years or so?
  9. sabre

Sorry, I meant to say no longer will be sold/produced. I see how both the 5600 and 7000 can work for me. I am just wondering why not go for the 7000SXT if they are the same price and the 7000 has some benefits (ie, uses soft water in brine tank) over the 5600 (life of product considerations...
  10. sabre

Ok, sorry i read that wrong. Looks like you would go the 5600 given the 7000 is at end of life. Thank you.
  11. sabre

Thank you again. Just to be clear, you think a 7000SXT would be a better option than 5600SXT?
  12. sabre

Thanks Reach4. I did not think the 1" pipes would be a worry, as that is how it is now. But wondered if the 5600 or 7000 would be better with water pressure in this setup. Sounds like 7000SXT w/ 48k grain. Should i worry about this system being too big? I have heard about buildup in the...
  13. sabre

Hi all, I have been reading this section over the last couple of days. I was going to go with the 5600SXT, but at same price seems like the 7000SXT is a step up - should these still be an option at end of life? Family of 6 with 3 baths. We are on well water in CT. Lots of wash, outside...
  14. sabre

Need a new pressure tank?

I see, thanks. No, it is just one sprinkler, and it would not be big enough to keep the pump running. but at least with daily house water use, a bigger tank should cut down on the cycles. thanks for confirming there would be no pipe issues. And thanks for everyones help.
  15. sabre

Thanks Bob, but not sure what you mean by make the zones use more water. Do you mean I should have a higher load (fauctes, shower etc) to make use of the bigger tank at any given moment?
  16. sabre

I spoke to the folks at CSV, and they said w/ my pump, level of well water and the fact i have poly piping from well to my basement, then they may not be comfortable with the pressure the CSV would put going down. So while i would love it, i do not want to risk it based on their feedback. I...
  17. sabre

quick question. IAny issue putting in a new tank that requires 1 1/4" fitting where there is current a 1" fitting (I would put in a new Tee). The pipe coming from the well i think is 1" and out to house is 3/4".
  18. sabre

I am curious to the CSVs, but spoke to my a well man, and his reply was why not just buy a bigger tank... Also, not sure i am capable of plumbing it. *** Also re: fittings, is this what i would need? \ Little Giant TTK-114 Tank Tee Kit - 1" 1/4 MNPT Tank Tee, 30/50 PSI Pressure Switch...
  19. sabre

Thanks Bob, If i bought the tank to do myself, what fittings would i need?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks