Search results

1. C

HELP- Sealing Grout

Hello Group, I've got a problem. I had a new tile shower with tile floor, and a tile bench and a tile bathroom floor installed on a concrete below-grade basement floor. Cement backer board was used on the shower walls but I don't know what was used on the floor or if it was laid directly on...
  2. C

Toilet Purchase Advice Please

Gerber Advice Thanks everyone for all of the input. I'm convinced that the Gerber is not the way to go. I'd like to keep the price around $110-$125 if you care to share any thoughts on a decent one in that price range from one of the box stores. The other thing I'm confused about is when...
  3. C

Gerber Advice Hi Gary, Thank you for responding. I didn't at the time of my posting think to mention a few things. It would be installing in a new basement bathroom that would not receive a lot of use, currently it's just me living in the house, and lastly I am hoping to retire and move in...
  4. C

Hello forum: I have an opportunity to purchase at a reasonable price a Gerber ultra flush model #21-342 with a tank model #28-380. Is this a good pairing. I looked at the MAP ratings and it list the 21-342 but it's not paired with the same model tank. Will this make a difference...
  5. C

Did I screw up a new outside faucet?

Mess I made - Sounds like I can fix it. Redwood, Thank you so much for confirming how it goes back in and which way the littlest piece goes. It will be the first thing on my to-do list in the a.m. Thanks for everyone's help, CMA
  6. C

Anti syphon issue (more) We are so close to fixing this mess I made. The picture doesn't show an "o" ring but the piece I found on the ground does have a black o ring (I called it a washer in error in my earlier posting) on the nipple that you can see in the pic of the smallest piece...
  7. C

Difficult to turn shower handle

Hard to Turn Shower Handle Hi Jimbo, Thanks for your reply. I looked on it and there doesn't appear to be a manufacture's name. It was a replacement unit (all three controls) by ex-husb years ago and I think I recall that it's a Moen. I'm hoping that becoming hard to turn is a common...
  8. C

Where does the little piece go into anti-syphon? Thank you both so much for your responses. I found a repair kit online and I think I've attached the pic. The piece that I found on the ground is the littlest one, except mine has a little black washer on the peg. It's on a website called Do...
  9. C

Anti-syphon I found a part on the ground. Where Hello again, After your reply I looked around and I found a small part on the ground under the spigot. I think that it came out of the place where the hose goes because I had taken the hose off after I initially unscrewed the anti-syphon cap...
  10. C

Did I screw up new outside faucet. Wow, thanks for the quick reply. I only unscrewed the cap and put it right back on. Could a part have dropped out? I didn't seem like I could have messed it up by just unscrewing it? Connie
  11. C

Difficult to turn shower handle

The handle I turn to switch from tub fill to shower was getting difficult to turn. Over time it reached the point where it would take 2 hands to turn it. Now it's so hard to turn that even two hands won't do it. Do I have to replace it? What would cause this problem? THANKS, Connie
  12. C

Hello forum, My brother-in-law was kind enough to install a new outside faucet a few weeks ago to replace one that was shot. It work(ed) beautifully until a few minutes ago I went out to use it and decided to unscrew the (anti-syphon) cap on the top of the unit because I thought it was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks