Search results

1. R

Drain won't seal to Tub

Ok, I think I might have figured it out. My Drain is threaded all the way on the neck of the drain. Shouldn't I have a pc that threads up to that with a rubber washer on the other side of the Tub under the flange of the drain and once tightened up will squeeze the drain to the tub to a tight...
  2. R

Drain won't seal to Tub

HJ, Sorry for the poor explanation....yeah I know what you mean. This is in an RV. The tub Drain is plastic and threaded on the outside. The Tub has a hole in it that I drop the drain into it. I then connect the P trap to that via screwing the P trap to the plastic drain from underneath the...
  3. R

Drain won't seal to Tub

I have a simple problem that I can't fix! My plastic drain in my plastic tub needs to be sealed. No matter what I use. I doesn't seal! I've tried Silicone, Lexel silicone, and even plumbers putty to no evail. On top of that when I screw the P trap to it when the rubber washer that is used...
  4. R

I hope I did this right

HJ, from reading your comment. I believe that is what my problem was. I know that soder got into the seam, but due to my horrible angle and working space, I'm pretty sure the water that pissed out was where there wasn't any sodder or it didn't go in all the way. I had a hard time putting the...
  5. R

I hope I did this right

Yeah I hope its good as well. I could redo it in the future. Its in the basement as well so if it does leak it will only dribble on the floor. I did leave the line full with water pressure overnight with the outside spicket on , attached to a hose with the hose nozzle in the off position...
  6. R

I hope I did this right

Hey everyone so glad to finally join up. I've been learning for some time in this forum. Ok, I replaced a silcock last night. sweated the 1/2" copper pipe to the silcock no problem. Then I had to get dirty and sweat an elbow (90) on to the existing pipe and new silcock pipe. Well needless...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks