Search results

1. luigi1036

Geothermal System

Hey guys, I'm looking into a geothermal system on a .33 acre lot. I just spoke to a contractor pushing a DX system. He said it was approx. 25% more to install than the Waterfurnace, but it is also 25% more efficient? Anyone familiar with Earthlinked DX system? Opinions?
  2. luigi1036

Experience with Carlin EZ gas burner

gas burner I too am thinking about going that route in a steam boiler. I was just wondering if it would make an already inefficient system worse. p.s. The steam boiler in question is 4 years old (4) section Peerless.
  3. luigi1036

natural gas boilers

thanks Jim, I was told that there were real problems with the aluminum heat exchangers (Ultra series). I am waiting to get a price from a contractor on the Buderus (wish me luck). Some of the additional cost will be offset by incentives from Con ED for switching to gas (God Bless their...
  4. luigi1036

natural gas boilers

Big Lou, I know you have a Buderus, but would you recommend any other manufactures? It does appear that I am going to go with a condensing/modulating boiler. I am going to post a new thread indirect or tankless for domestic in the Northeast. Thanks again, Luigi.
  5. luigi1036

natural gas boilers

So, it sounds like condensing, modulating is the way to go. however it does seem like I or a Pro would have to make adjustments as the boiler runs to get the most effeciency out of it, or did I misunderstand. If so can you give me some advice on how it should be set up this way I can determine...
  6. luigi1036

natural gas boilers

Big Lou do you think it wouldn't be cost effective for me to go with the condensing boiler? Because of my baseboard heat. While I haven't ever read the return temp, anytime I've touched the return piping at the boiler it was hot to the touch.
  7. luigi1036

natural gas boilers

Hi guys, new to the forum, I was wondering if any of you are experiencing problems with condensing gas boilers. I am converting from oil to gas (can't wait) and would need approx. 130kbtu for baseboard and indirect domestic hot water. I was told that the stainless and aluminum heat...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks