Search results

1. sharding

Thermostatic always hot

It's a long story, but suffice it to say opportunities were offered...
  2. sharding

Thermostatic always hot

It turned out you were exactly right, jadnashua. We had a competent plumber come in and take a look at it. He swapped the pipes, calibrated the valve and everything is working now. Thanks!
  3. sharding

Thermostatic always hot

I think this is right. I just noticed that if I start it out with the control pointing up (which I think should be hot, right?), the water runs cold, but once I bring the handle down and increase the temperature, it'll never go cold again....
  4. sharding

More grohe thermostatic trouble

We have a Grohe thermostatic valve and Kensington trim that was recently installed. We've had many problems with this project (that one still not totally resolved), and we're still trying to resolve them. One relatively minor issue, that I'm not even sure is an issue, is that the temperature...
  5. sharding

Thermostatic always hot

P.S. I'm hoping and praying that this is something that can be fixed without cutting open the wall, so answers that suggest that would be greatly appreciated ;)
  6. sharding

Thermostatic always hot

Something is screwed up with the thermostatic valve in our new shower (installed by a contractor -- I'm contacting them, but I'd like to understand the problem myself). The water is hot no matter what position I put the lever in. As far as I can tell, the temperature isn't varying at all, but...
  7. sharding

Grohe shower volume valves & levers

(I posted about this on one other board too -- sorry if you see this twice!) I think we have a problem with the Grohe shower controls we're having installed in our master bathroom. We have Grohe volume control valves with Kensignton volume control trim, using levers. It seems (I'm being told...
  8. sharding

Weird -- flapper misses hole

Thanks all. I picked up a new flapper at Dunn Lumber today and that seems to have fixed it.
  9. sharding

Dumb question. Are flappers pretty much universal, or do I need to be careful to get one that's compatible with my toilet and existing hardware?
  10. sharding

We've started having a weird problem with the toilet in our powder room. It's a Briggs that was here when we bought the house, and I think it's probably original (ca. 1988). Not sure if the innards are original. The problem that's recently developed is that the flapper will come down slightly...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks