Search results

1. dwpecksr

CPVC vs copper under a slab

Kansas master Plumber PEX is the pipe to use. I have seen rolled CPVC in use and I personally would not use it .to stiff. PEX pex pex. do not leave it exposed to the sun.
  2. dwpecksr

New Water Softener Install Question

kansas master Plumber are you saying that all the tees are under ground? If that is so then you need to tie onto original feed to old softner and get it back into the water heater closet then back feed into cold water line before the water heater. I hope that line is 3/4". hope this helps. I...
  3. dwpecksr

Why would NIBCO/CPI Durapex PEX split (lengthwise) and leak?

kansas master Plumber getting facts on the cause of this would be good information for me as I have not heard of this before. hope you can find the problem.
  4. dwpecksr

Hi, trying to install a watering system for my rabbits...

kansas master plumber All you need to do is connect your copper to a silcock (hose bib), then screw a $5.00 vacumn breaker to it then a hose thread to female thread and use a brass to CPVC male adapter and make your connections There is a glue 3/4 cpvc to pvc adapter if you insist on using pvc...
  5. dwpecksr

Water heater capacity upgrade

kansas master Plumber Is it worth the extra $45 for 10 gallons? You are the one using it so it's your call. To keep the wife happy I think it would be a well spent $45.00. :):)
  6. dwpecksr

old pipe hole to fill in, block foundation

kansas master Plumber Your local lumber yard, hard ware or big box stores should have a quick patch drying concrete and then tar.\ over it after it dries.:)
  7. dwpecksr

Trying to figure out shower drain rough-in..

kansas master plumber you are allowed 8 fixture units on a 2" line. You are allowed to have 4 wet vents on one line as long as they are on the same floor and vented as per code. The wet vent for the toilet should be 3" and it should be a 3x3 wye and then changed back to 2" above the lav waste...
  8. dwpecksr

Gas Water Heater Delayed Hot Water

kansas Master Plumber yet when it reaches the sink, it's as hot as normal. does the water stay hot as long as normal? There may be a restriction in the hot water side just thinking outlaud:)
  9. dwpecksr

drain pipe slope

bsck in the days of galv pipe we would put a crooked thread on the pipe to get the sloap on the trap arm.:)
  10. dwpecksr

drain pipe slope

when laying pipe horizonally there is a 1/8 or 1/4 per ft sloap. when bringing it out of the ground on a slab I sometimes use a street 45 and then a 90 to make it straight in the vertical position. It makes for a better looking job.:)
  11. dwpecksr

Bathroom vanity water trap

can you also cut notch in the bottom of the vanity for the trap?:)
  12. dwpecksr

House trap

lonnythe plumber Lonny, I am from Hutchinson and I am licenced in Witchita. I do a lot of pipe bursting in the big city. Maybe we can meet some time http://www.dalestrenchless.com
  13. dwpecksr

Rough in dimensions?

rough-in measurements you can go to your public library and get a beginners book on plumbing dimentions. also you may find it on the web. If in doubt buy all your fictures and install as per manufactures recomendations. :) :)
  14. dwpecksr

Basement bathroom

3" stub The 3" pipe (using the UPC code is probably a wet vent as it will probably pick up the lav. But the UPC calls for a 2" vent on the toilet. so then that means the 1-1/2 vent from the ceiling is too small. But the IPC code says it is OK. so in any event it will all work. That 3" in the...
  15. dwpecksr

House trap

I have installed many a house trap on long Island. Suffolk county required them. What a pain. All they do is prevent oder from the city main or septic system to come back into the house if you have a dry trap or someone (homeowner) installs a fixture without a trap.vent all fixtures and trap all...
  16. dwpecksr

How To Repair Broken Pipe

repair 2" Terry is correct and they also make a special drill that will drill out the fitting. I do pipe lining and I could fix this from the outside mixing my epoxy and using a patch of liner material. Dale :) :)
  17. dwpecksr

Putting bathroom in attic need serious help

2nd story bath all the waste and drain lines from the second floor need to tie into the waste line below the first floor bath. change the 3x2 san tee (horizontal) and use a 3x2 y instead. I can't tell if you notched the floor joists or not. It would have been better if they were drilled. looks...
  18. dwpecksr

2nd up stairs toilet

second toilet Are you saying that you want to add a second toilet on the second floor along with the first toilet that is on the second floor which is on the other side of the wall? If so yes you can cut a 4x3 y into you waste line and plumb 3" to this new toilet. It technically should be...
  19. dwpecksr

Black deposits in low flow toilets

black in toilets well after reading all these threads I would say that it is the supply tube that supplys the water to the tank. I have that problem in my shop on city water. I used a bif braided water supply tube. It also may be coming from one of the componets in the tank. I suggest useing...
  20. dwpecksr

Pressure Tank Pressure

pump pressure You say you have little pressure? If you install a 40/60 pressure switch shut down the well (electric) and get the pressure down to zero. Install a new pressure guage to make sure you have correct readings. put 38lbs of air in the tank. If you have any filters, you may want to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks