Search results

1. caktus

How do? Been a while since I have posted to these forums. I hope I am posting this topic...

How do? Been a while since I have posted to these forums. I hope I am posting this topic correctly. While adding an additional length of PVC pipe to an existing shallow well pipe I apparently applied too much cement to a pvc sleeve and the end of the pipe. And when I attempted to...
  2. caktus

Jet pump head busted.

Thanks Bob. I'll call and order the National. Have a great day. :) Charlie
  3. caktus

Jet pump head busted.

Thanks for responding Bob. I purchased the Myers HR50S. I just received an email from them regarding a price check on the product. It informed me that they no longer carry the item. They said they carry an equivalent to the Myers HR 50S which is the SW-50 1/2hp shallow well jet pump by...
  4. caktus

Jet pump head busted.

Haddy folks, The other night we had a hard freeze. 19 deg I think. In spite of insulation some PCV pipes burst, but no big deal. The real problem is the head on the Meyers HR (50S I think) burst pretty bad half way around the base of the neck where the well feeds into the pump. NEVER...
  5. caktus

Jet pump not working

Thanks Gary, Picked up a new switch this evening. Lable says it's pre-set at 30/50. Guess that's the best setting. I'll hook it up in the AM. BTW, the price at HD was less than I recalled, $16.99. I have the White PVC. The company that setup my Mobile Home about 6 years ago laid PVC from...
  6. caktus

Jet pump not working

Thanks Jim, Have a great day. Charlie.
  7. caktus

Jet pump not working

Thanks Gary, If I get one that set at 40/60, will it be advisable to leave it at 40/60 and increase the air to 38 to get stronger water pressure. Or would the Meyer's 1/2 hp pump handle 60 psi? I know most of the PVC is rated 80 psi, some 200 psi. Would 40/60 [even] increase water...
  8. caktus

Jet pump not working

Appearantly the switch is bad. Well folks, appesrantly the switch is bad. Looking at the switch from the end where the pressure switch tube connects the pair of contacts on the left seem to make contact just fine, but the contacts on the left don't even try to make contact. When I push the...
  9. caktus

Jet pump not working

Bob, I dropped a waited line in the well. The bottom of the well appears to be at 33' below ground surface with the water level at 11' below ground surface. Including 3' the water must travel from ground surface to the jet pump head I figure the pump must draw the water bout 14'. Attached...
  10. caktus

Jet pump not working

The water dies again now after running about probably 8-10 gallons this morning. Sure hope I get what ever the problem is fix before I really loose it.:eek:
  11. caktus

Jet pump not working

Thanks Bob. Took your advice and opened a valve until flow was established. It was open about 7 hours. As I reached to close it before going to bed it began flowing. Kind of a relief but still sounds like I have some things to work out. I've noticed the pump is turning on after only about a...
  12. caktus

Jet pump not working

Thanks Bob for responding. All I really know about the well depth is that the drillers reciept from 6 years ago says "shallow well 29' deep". In the morn I'll get some light string suitable for weighting and lowering in to the well to measure the water level, and mabe even depth. The jet pump...
  13. caktus

Jet pump not working

I have a Meyer's HR series 1/2 hp Jet pump. It's about a 1 1/2 year old. And a 29' shallow well. not sure if that means the pump needs to draw 29' or that the well pipe is down 29'. The out let the pump is plugged into has power and the breaker has not tripped, although about twice in a year...
  14. caktus

Jet pump/PVC to steel leak.

Thanks all for your help. :) The O ring worked like a charm. Everyone have a great day:)
  15. caktus

Jet pump/PVC to steel leak.

My Jet pump is leaking at the top where it gets primed. The pump is mounted on top of a 40 gal. precharged tank and the lines between the tank and pump are PVC. Even using teflon tape I can't stop the leak. I screw the fitting into the top of the pump hand tight then tighten 1/8 turn further...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks