Search results

1. nashkato

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

One year later, I noticed your post and recorded the info on a recent rip to HD. My local store still has the "compact" tank, item 4019.016.020 (last .020 = color code I think). Price is $**.00 here in North Carolina. SKU at HD is 732-312. Sorry this is probably not helpful anymore.
  2. nashkato

Wife voted for the EcoDrake because she says the Toto is so much sexier. She hasn't noticed a big difference in performance between our existing Cadet 3 and Totos.
  3. nashkato

The 10" Cadet 3 I did is still working great one year later. See https://terrylove.com/forums/showpost.php?p=139265&postcount=68 I would do it again. For my last of 3 toilet replacements in this house, I am currently debating between $199 complete Cadet 3 elongated, ADA in a box vs.~ $350...
  4. nashkato

Fixing dryer vent by drilling hole in a beam

Ian, dryer vent window is pretty cool. Haven't seen one of those before. Rest of y'all - had a plumber come out to explore moving the copper supply pipes with me in the soffitt. Not really enough room and would still leave some other problems. Then he asked the obvious: why not widen the...
  5. nashkato

No, no other walls. Running up into the attic and out the roof is an option, but I have other things in the way up there that I have not fully evaluated. Attic would be complicated if not impossible. Roof is too high and steep for me to DIY and a roof laundry vent would be hard to clean...
  6. nashkato

Thanks, I agree, I just don't like the reality. Seems like it would strength the beam a tiny bit by adding the plates on either side ... but not enough. The problem now is that I do not have a good, up-to-code mod for the dryer vent pipe. I can leave it running though the soffit but look at...
  7. nashkato

Hey folks - talk me out of doing something potentially unwise. I’m redoing a 2nd floor dryer vent that broke internally. I found evidence of many code issues so need to reroute the pipe. It appeared that I could fix things with a straight dryer vent run in one ceiling joist to the outdoors...
  8. nashkato

Number of lights allowed on a circuit

Thanks, Petey. I agree that the total won't be excessive. Cheers.
  9. nashkato

Number of lights allowed on a circuit

I'd like to add undercabinet lighting to an existing 15-amp circuit powering the lights in my kitchen. We plan to install two 2-bulb xenons and two 3-bulb xenons undercabinet lights controlled by one switch. Does this count as 1 or 4 lights toward the limit? The circuit currently powers 2...
  10. nashkato

Cadet 3 = inexpensive 10" rough-in option For anyone needing a 10" rough-in, the Cadet 3 is a good choice. I'm happy with the flush performance and you can't best the 1000 on the MaP tests. Mine does not splash. It was a little tricky to find what I needed. I wanted round front and regular...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks