Search results

1. GRJack

How to keep pipes from freezing

I'm running water to an outbuilding behind my house. For the 25 feet from the house to the outbuilding, I'll bury it below frost line to keep it from freezing. Question - the last part of my house (before running it underground to outbuilding) is an unheated garage (under a deck). It has...
  2. GRJack

Wire to Subpanel - through basement

I'm installing a subpanel in an outbuilding behind our house. I will be running 100 amps to it, off of our main panel in the house (200 A service coming into the house). I'm aware of keeping the neutral and ground separate on the subpanel side. My question is: From the main panel in our...
  3. GRJack

* Please Critque my Plumbing Design

P trap under shower hj - thanks for feedback. i can just use a p-trap under the shower too, right? another quick question - i dont plan on doing this, but.... some other homes i've seen have an s trap under the sink (lav for example) - (on 1st flr) they just ran the drain straight...
  4. GRJack

rombo - thanks thanks for the drawing- quick question (i am a newbie to plumbing) - i read everywhere that s traps arent allowed - ok i understand that for sinks since i'll use a p-trap, but what type of trap do i use under a shower? (you drew an S, which is the only type of trap i could...
  5. GRJack

reply - no s traps super daddy - i got lazy drawing my figures - thee are no s traps - i will have a drain coming from the sinks, connected to a p - trap - i just drew an s to quick
  6. GRJack

Shower Vent to Main Vent joint

Please see atached pics. I am joining the shower vent to the main vent. Due to framing obstructions, can I join the vents like in pic. A with the shower vent dropping (only 3-4 inches) before it tees into the main vent (my concern is the high point of the shower vent is higher than the...
  7. GRJack

why no kitchen vent HJ - I know mentality has changed and the std design now is, vent , vent vent... but if I put a vent in for kitch sink, that's another hole in the roof - like to keep holes in the roof to a min. Also, (I live in Connecticut), do I really need another trap for the lav...
  8. GRJack

I'm finishing the upstairs to my loft above the barn (separate building from my main house). There is no plumbing there now. Please look at these 2 designs, tell me which one (or neither) is good: A few particular questions: * It will be a sob (but doable if absolutely needed) to run...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks