Search results

1. lcuga13

Need to find a 6" OC shower tub valve replacement

I finally found the same fixture online, but it is out of stock at the only place I can locate it. This is what was installed and why I need to try and find the 6" spacing replacement...
  2. lcuga13

I am not following your suggestion. A remodel plate would just cover up the large holes. But to use an 8" spacing 2 knob valve would require enlarging the existing holes and possibly risk cracking the tiles. I would be very happy to find a valve with a 6" spacing between the knobs. Again...
  3. lcuga13

Does anyone know if anyone makes a shower/tub faucet that is on 6" center on the hot and cold knobs? We are trying to get an old family home ready for a new tennant and have a problem with a tub and shower faucet. The push up diverter does not seat properly because of its very old age...
  4. lcuga13

Help with pump/tank for rain cistern

I am trying to figure out how to easily modify a rainwater cistern to operate similar to a well pump system. Here is what the cistern looks like in place The incoming downspout is diverted into the manhole in the cistern. There is a custom filter basket in the manhole on top that...
  5. lcuga13

Defective American Standard Colony Toilet - no customer satisfaction

How did Kohler handle the repair? When you came across the Kohler toilet that had a similar factory repair, how did they handle the replacement? In my case as the new homeowner without the receipts from the remodeling work done for resale, American Standard was not willing to do anything...
  6. lcuga13

Defective American Standard Colony Toilet - no customer satisfaction

I just wanted to share with everyone my recent problems with an American Standard Colony toilet. As with everything in a home, everything goes wrong at the same time. While I had the jacuzzi tub out of use due to sloppy installation with no mortar bed, we were using our other bathroom. On the...
  7. lcuga13

Saved by the Floodstop

I hate Floodstop hoses I will have to agree that the Floodsafe hoses are annoying and I would never use them again. Here is my experience. Upon moving into our new home last year, my bro-in-law gave us his washer and dryer as he was re-married and didn't need a second set. I prefer braided...
  8. lcuga13

Dishwasher gurgling through sink

They don't always have to be noisy I understand that with this set-up, there will be noise. It is possible to not have any noise, so the statement that a dishwasher's pump will always cause noise is not true. For example, my dishwasher drain line is run through the floor into it's own trap...
  9. lcuga13

Asko dishwasher These issues really bother. The builder is dragging it's feet to finish the punch list and I keep finding these small problems. This dishwasher is an Asko brand. I was surprised to hear how noisy it is, and now my in-laws are concerned. I told them I would try and figure out...
  10. lcuga13

The difference I see in that photo is that the incoming dishwasher drain hose is brought into the vertical tailpipe off the sink basket. I do not follow how that is going to remove the gurgling noise. Any explanation from anyone?
  11. lcuga13

I was at my in-laws new lake house and we turned on the dishwasher. I was in another room watching tv and began hearing a loud gurgling noise. I went into the kitchen to discover the noise coming out of the drains in the kitchen sink. I looked underneath to see how the builder hooked up the...
  12. lcuga13

Rain Cistern Pump

I am a garden designer and contractor in the Atlanta, GA area. With the past year of heavy drought and massive water restrictions, we have been installing large rain harvesting cisterns for some of our clients. I have been using a basic Dayton Utility/Sprinkler pump ordered through Grainger...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks