Search results

1. Yarg28

Sub floor prep for laminate

We are finishing up a kitchen remodel and have everything done but the laminate floor. When I look at the floor it is nowhere near the flatness spec that the manufacturer recommends. It doesn't satisfy me either. There are a couple spots that are a good 1/4" lower than other areas of the...
  2. Yarg28

building commission/permit questions

I was not aware that i needed permits to do work on my own home. I have replaced some flooring and drywall, removed a closet to expand room size, put up trim/moulding throughout house, added new interior doors. jambs, casing, all new cabinets, removed and replaced railing, and a few other...
  3. Yarg28

2 smells coming from drains....

I recently moved into a 40+ year old home. It has a full bath up and a half bath down (bi-level home). The sink in the upstairs bathroom emits a sort of sulphur smell after water has run 10 seconds or so. the water does not smell. It seems like the smell only has a chance to show up once...
  4. Yarg28

copper tubing questions

I recently ripped out our entire kitchen. i have wires hanging out of the walls and no subfloor at the moment. One thing i noticed when i was disconnecting the plumbing to remove sink base was that inside my copper tubing looked extremely lined with something. I describe it like that because...
  5. Yarg28

hard water vs soft water

so, according to people (manufacturers of softeners) hard water is BAD! The city that I live in has, from what everyone says, hard water. I have considered getting a softener system but i'm not sure if i really need one. Sounds cool though, amirite? So i guess this is a multi part...
  6. Yarg28

subfloor replacement questions

we recently moved into a 45 year old bi-level home. The kitchen had several low spots and we were wanting to put a nice wood laminate down so I'm trying to get the subfloor prepared. I all ready have the center of the subfloor cut out and the joists appera to be in good condition. No...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks