Search results

1. MarkB

Water Hammer coming through auto feed valve?

Hi cattledog The hot water tank loop and the heating tank loop do tie in together at the return. I don't see a check valve anywhere in the hot water tank loop. There is a circ pump but with no check valve installed. With the ball valve fo the auto feed closed the only place domestic water use...
  2. MarkB

Hello again...sorry for the delay. The installer came by and suggested putting a small expansion tank on the heating loop of the indirect water heater (it's a tank within a tank design). I am going to remove the swing valve through the cleanout nut just to test it out as well...2 fairly simple...
  3. MarkB

The only other thing I can think of is it happens weather we use domestic hot or cold water. Could the water pressure be going into the feed device and continuing on to the check valve? the noise occurs even if I shut the ball valve to the auto feeder. It doesn't occur when I shut the Return...
  4. MarkB

The Valve in Blue is the Return which if I shut off I hear no noise from anything. In Red is the check valve which is the closest area I can figure the bang comes from. If I get someone to use water anywhere in the house I hear it from this area on the piping. (I have bled that check valve and...
  5. MarkB

Yah...any water that is used in the house causes this banging in the furnace components...when I close the main return valve on the furnace I get no banging from any source be it water used in the house or use of the furnace. The only connection between the domestic water and the furnace is the...
  6. MarkB

Hmmm...ok I can do that...it makes sense for the banging when the DHW heating shuts down... but the banging from water use/shut off throughout the house happens weather or not the furnace is hot or cold, or on or off for that matter.
  7. MarkB

Thanks krow. I did suspect an expansion issue...this morning I quickly shut of the supply valve (above the pump pictured) while the furnace was heating the house and I got the same bang...Any ideas or should I call someone in to evaluate?
  8. MarkB

Thanks in advance for the help...I've checked posts for this one but it seems unique because it involves both domestic water as well as my heating water. I'll attach a photo of the system. When water is shut off anywhere in the house a loud banging is heard with what sounds like an echo. It...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks