Search results

1. Jastori

Identifying connections at water service entrance

Hi All, I am looking to replace a leaky main shut-off valve and associated galvanized piping after the water service enters the house (between the underground service entrance and the meter). In our town, this is the homeowners responsibility - the water company will need to shut off water...
  2. Jastori

Question re ProPEX stop valves for vanity faucet

Hi, I am trying to find the correct stop valves for connecting 1/2" Uponor ProPEX to a 'standard' bathroom vanity faucet. I assume this means I would want 3/8" compression style fittings for connection to the faucet? I see the following two angled stop valves offered. I am not sure whether...
  3. Jastori

Toilet supply rough-in questions

Thanks in advance for any help / guidance with the following! What is the recommended height above finished floor and offset to the left of drain center for the toilet supply rough-in? The supply lines are Wirsbo PEX - do you recommend a brass drop ear elbow (threaded adaptor) or rigid...
  4. Jastori

Venting kitchen sink below window

We have an unvented kitchen sink (old plumbing, never vented). The sink is below a window, and the nearest access for a vertical vent up is about 3-4 ft away horizontally. I don't think we can get 6" above fixture rim due to the window height. Is the island venting approach the best? I have...
  5. Jastori

Is PEX "self insulating?"

We just had a licensed plumber complete a job for us. He ran both 3/4" and 1" Wirsbo pex for the main runs. He generally strapped the hot and cold right on top of each other, and in some cases strapped them both tightly to cast iron drains. When I expressed concern about temperature issues...
  6. Jastori

Tips for removing rusted 2" galvanized nipple / fittings

I am trying to remove several 2" galvanized fittings / nipples from our kitchen sink drain assembly. They are quite rusty, possibly as old as 60 years. I can just barely get a pipe wrench on it, but working inside the kitchen base cabinet cannot get too much leverage. Any tips for how to...
  7. Jastori

Mixing brass valves with iron pipe for gas

I know some of you are not supportive of DIY work on gas lines. However, I did want to mention that this work has been discussed with our local plumbing inspector, and he has given it the green light. I would very much appreciate any comments / review of the following before I bring it to the...
  8. Jastori

Removing drum trap in lead drain

Attached is a picture of our existing tub drain. The sink, tub, and toilet drain is original ~1920s lead into a cast iron stack. A prior owner replaced the tub and connected 1.5" PVC from the new tub drain to the lead drum trap with a fernco (see picture). The bathroom tile floor has a rough...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks