Search results

1. R

Polyethylene Pipe Issue

Thanks everyone for all the information and suggestions. I passed all of this along to my friend.
  2. R

Polyethylene Pipe Issue

This is connected to utility water, not a well or irrigation pump. I asked earlier about a pressure reducing valve at the meter, but he indicated it did not have one. Thanks for everyone's input and assistance. If he hasn't got it resolved by the time I leave work, I plan to go give him a hand.
  3. R

Polyethylene Pipe Issue

I have a friend who installed 184 feet of water line by joining 100 ft rolls of 3/4" polyethylene underground with the barbed joiners and hose clamps. He told me that initially it would not hold together after applying pressure and that each time he thinks he has it repaired, the joint fails...
  4. R

Stainless Sink installation question

Actually, sink bases are the least expensive cabinets (no drawers - just a box). The lower-end cabinet installations usually have an oversized (42"-48") sink base at the expense of more expensive and more usable cabinets. There is no need to go larger than 36" on a sink base for standard 33"...
  5. R

Actually the cabinets and countertop are not from big-box store. The sink fits fine, the side rails are just in the way when installing the clips. No big deal, I'll just cut them out or cut 2" holes at the clip locations. I just figured some of you had seen this situation previously.
  6. R

Should I remove the two braces at the top of this sinkbase or just cut holes at the clip locations with a holesaw to install the sink clips? I suspect they are only there to keep the cabinet square before installing and/or to screw the countertop to. Thanks.
  7. R

Gas Line - To tee or not to tee?

Finished it. It is finished, the bushing is gone. It held 24 PSI for six hours. Thanks for everyone's help and comments.
  8. R

You are correct - you got me. :o I really have no room to stand on that one - plain and simple ignorance on my part. That being said, and no offense to any professionals, I've seen alot of shortcuts and shoddy work done by "pros" who know better. No one cares more about a home's systems and...
  9. R

Right, I guess I deserve it. I greatly respect all trades and realize that gas is unforgiving. So the consensus is that NO gas work should be DIY?
  10. R

I searched and found a few threads with photos depicting fire and explosions. A subtle warning?
  11. R

Inside joke, or did I miss something?
  12. R

Right, I know now - the bushing is coming out when I add the larger line. As far as capacity goes, my calcs indicate I will be okay by a decent margin. I just wanted some better trained eyes to scrutinize my plans. I appreciate the input on the bushing and I'm open to any additional comments...
  13. R

The main supply line is 1". The only gas appliance I have in service now is the grill. I switched my water heater back to electric about five years ago. The BTU specs for the grill and the soon-to-be-installed range: Weber Genesis 1000 grill - 36,000 BTU Kenmore 7748 Range - Burner...
  14. R

I ran this 1/2" gas line about 8 years ago to accomodate a gas grill. I now need to run a line to a gas range. At the far right in the photo you can see a coat hanger wire protruding through the plywood - this is directly below where the range will sit in the kitchen above. My question is, is...
  15. R

Bullnose supply tube to Price Pfister?

Thanks Ian, I remodeled this bathroom to accomodate my daughter in a wheelchair. In order to provide legroom, I suppose I have inadvertantly created an S-trap, thanks for pointing that out, I missed it. :confused: I understand the problem with this is that the water flowing down the vertical...
  16. R

Bullnose supply tube to Price Pfister?

I just installed a Price Pfister vessel faucet and connected standard bullnose supply tubes directly to the 1/2-14 NSPM connectors. These tubes didn't have a rubber conical washer, just metal. No leaks so far, will it remain leak-free? The recommended method in the datasheet was to use the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks