Search results

1. gvmeacalll

The Inspector Rejected Our Shower Valve!

It actually sounds like a good technology! However the selection of faucets and the price mean that no one would ever consider buying one unless they were forced to. How did we make it all these centuries without scalding ourselves to death? Thank god that we have codes to protect us from hot water!
  2. gvmeacalll

Has anyone had any luck with the AquaGlass Eleganza?

Well, I got it installed today in the mortar - what a PITA! It calls for a 2" thick mortar bed but it really needs a mortar bed that is tapered from 2" to 1/2" to work properly. Mortar isn't the most forgiving stuff, there must be a easier way to support these things...
  3. gvmeacalll

I went to figure it out dot com and guess what? No faucets! The reality is that there just aren't any nice, traditional looking faucets available. At least not for under $500.00. This puts us all in a bind if we want a multi-handled faucet. I have no interest in a "volume control" since i didn't...
  4. gvmeacalll

Hey Jimbo - that's great news and exactly what his original question was! A link to a website that features new faucets that meet the new codes would be very helpfull. I have been to all the big box stores and plumbing supply stores in my area and it seems that most of what is available is in a...
  5. gvmeacalll

Hmm, you could install the faucet thats to code, then put in the one you want after the inspection. This new code doesn't take into consideration that there are not enough faucets to chose from. I'm not sure why this would be written into the code except that someone is trying to look like he is...
  6. gvmeacalll

Well, I guess no one here has taken a chance with this bathtub. Smart. Today I returned the toy bathtub and picked up a Sterling Ensemble Curve. What a difference in quality! What I don't understand is if I'm supposed to bed this one in mortar? It would take at least 4" of mortar to reach the...
  7. gvmeacalll

I purchased one on the basis of it's looks. When I unpacked it at my house I was stunned by how flimsy it was. It seems to be paper thin plastic and is supported by cheap Styrofoam. The sides flex a lot even when set in place. It looks so nice compared to all the other options that I have seen...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks